What you need: 

1.5 cups of flour
1 cup of sugar
3 tablespoons of cocoa
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon of vanilla
2 teaspoons of vinegar
5 tablespoons of vegetable oil
1 cup of raisin water (To make boil about half a cup of raisins in water)
1 teaspoon of cinammon (optional)

What you do: 

This recipe was given to me a friends grandmother who is an expert in kosher cooking and has some fantastic vegan recipes.
Method: Pour dry ingredients straight into a baking dish. Around 9 X 9 is a perfect size. Combine the ingredients with a spoon until mixed thoroughly. Then make three grooves in the dry mixture (or wells as my friends grandmother called them): one large and two smaller. Pour the oil into the large well, and the vinegar in one of the smaller ones, and the vanilla in the other. Pour the raisin water (fruit tea can also be substituted) over the mixture. Mix all ingredients together, so you don't see any flour. Bake in 350 degree for half an hour.

Preparation Time: 
15 minutes
Cooking Time: 
Servings: 
Recipe Category: 

SO HOW'D IT GO?

A really nice and easy recipe. The fruit water gives it a something extra and I tried it with some pomegranite and raspberry fruit tea I had. We'd eaten half the pan (of mini-muffins) before they'd even cooled!

0 likes

A nice and quick recipe. I was unsure if you were suppose to keep the fruit from the raisin water so I threw it into the cake. I had used 1/2 blueberries and 1/2 raisins, which made the results rather tasty.

0 likes

:)>>> Very easy and tasty recipe. I threw this together in no time. I left out the cocoa and used rice milk instead. The cinnamon gave it a nice touch.

0 likes