1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon paprika
oil, for deep frying
12 corn tortillas, warmed, to serve
guacamole, to serve
shredded cabbage, to serve
salsa, to serve

What you do: 

1. In bowl, mix flour, baking powder, beer, salt, and paprika with a wire whisk until thoroughly mixed.
2. Heat oil for deep frying. Dip a few tempeh strips into beer batter and then place in oil.
3. Once they are golden brown, remove to a paper towel to absorb excess oil. Continue with all remaining tempeh strips.
4. Serve in warm corn tortilla, and top with guacamole, cabbage and salsa.

Preparation Time: 
20 min
Cooking Time: 
Servings: 
Recipe Category: 

SO HOW'D IT GO?

sac de marque pas cher louis vuitton A big fat no.

sac de marque pas cher louis vuitton However the great part relating to this is the fact that nobody ever remembers the jokes that weren't funny! People only remember the ones which were.

offre d emploi louis vuitton "When you are doing miming, 60% of your energy is just doing it correctly," says Jackman, who had to lip-sync his way via a 1999 TV film of Oklahoma! "Even though it is your performance, you don't feel you're in control of it.".

drh louis vuitton "I feel like we're short-handed right now, but we're competing hard and that's all you can ask for and I seem like good basketball is yet to come," Noah said.

jeans louis vuitton homme Having a presidential election looming, an immediate exodus of three is unlikely.

louis vuitton londres Tuesday, Hillary, who confessed a love for the meme, met the creators and gave them her own submission: for that many LOLZ Hillary From Hillary transformed her into an ultra-hip, uber-witty goddess.

louis vuitton blog All the schools of thought regarding how to attract women are slowly realizing the importance of physical contact from the start.

0 likes

These are great! I just used the batter part to make some tempeh strips. Amazing what you can do with so few ingredients. I loved how easy this recipe was. I also made a "honey" mustard dip with mustard and agave.. Delicious! It'd be easy to tamper with this recipe to make different variations.. different marinades, spices, sauces, seitan.. (mind is jumping up and down in excitement) Oh! I also had a lot of batter left, so I'd probably reduce it next time.

0 likes

I think it needs just a little bit more flavor to make it taste like fish. Although the batter is great. It is like a fish batter and it comes out nice and crispy.

0 likes

OMG!! this batter is awesome!!! i wonder what else i can make with it...hmmmmm....

I am from Ensenada, Mexico  so i grew up eating fish tacos.  This batter is very similar to the real thing.  I added mustard to it because the fish batter my mom makes has mustard.  Also, in my non-veggie days, i would prepare my tacos buy spreading mayo on the tortilla, then the fish, then pickled onions, diced tomatoes and cabage. 

Thank you sooooo much for the awesome recipe.  Haven't made the tacos yet. I am waiting for my boyfriend to come back from the store with the tortillas and vegenaise. lol.

0 likes

I just made these, they are so yummy! well...the tempeh anyways, none of them have made it into a taco yet because I keep dipping them in BBQ sauce.  I doubled the recipe so I could have leftovers after I feed two other people.  I probably didn't need to double the batter though.  Thanks for the recipe! I love that the tempeh makes them sturdy but soft, unlike frozen "chicken" nuggets that are alwayd mushy.

0 likes

I used tofu, and really liked it. I'll make it again, and half the recipe. It makes a lot. Very yummy!

0 likes

I think these work better with tofu, my girlfriend and i make these all the time, they're delicious.

0 likes

How is the mouthfeel of these? The tempeh can't have the same flakiness as actual fish. Does it? Or is it more like a fish-battered "chicken" nugget?

To me, the texture was somewhere between fish and chicken.  Not quite as flaky as fish, but not as chewy as chicken either.  It worked well with the nori and batter, and was really good in the tacos with some guacamole and jalapeno Tabasco sauce. =)

0 likes

These were really tasty.  I let the tempeh strips marinate in some malt vinegar and lemon juice for a couple hours, then wrapped each one in a strip of nori before battering and frying.  I served these in warm tortillas with chopped lettuce, tomatoes, guacamole, and tabasco sauce.  Thanks!

0 likes