1/4 cup vegetable oil
1/2 cup succanat or turbinado sugar
powder egg substitute to replace one egg
1 cup soy milk
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/2 cup chopped nuts
1 cup shredded carrot

What you do: 

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. lightly grease muffin tins. In a large bowl mix the flours, salt, baking powder, nuts, and spices (if you don't want to buy all these different spices, you can substitute about 3 tsp. of pumpkin pie spice). In a medium bowl mix the soymilk, oil, egg replacer, sugar, vanilla, and carrot. Add to the dry mixture and stir until just mixed. don't over mix. Pour evenly into muffin tins and bake at 350 for about 25-30 minutes. check to make sure they are done with a toothpick. Cool and serve!

Preparation Time: 
45 min
Cooking Time: 
Servings: 
Recipe Category: 

SO HOW'D IT GO?

Turned out great! Very easy to make too

0 likes

These are just too good!  I used flax for the egg replacer, but other than that I left the recipe as is, and I was so thrilled with how they turned out!  I will be making these again VERY soon!

0 likes

I love these!  I really like that they are not too sweet.  I will be making these again soon...

0 likes

Great recipe! I also added more carrot (about 2 cups), and used 1 tablespoon of corn starch + 1/2 tablespoon baking powder instead of the egg replacer (I ran out).

0 likes

I love these! Very tasty and forgiving. I was making these with the "help" of my 2 year old and forgot to put in the sugar and baking powder until everything else was all mixed together - it worked out fine just mixing them in at the end. Other things we did:

Half whole wheat, half whole wheat pastry flour (I don't generally have rye flour, but maybe we'll try it soon)
A flax egg
About 1/2 cup of leftover almond pulp from our homemade almond milk instead of nuts
I didn't realize we were out of allspice, so instead I put in about 1/4 tsp of cloves and upped the cinnamon a bit

Next time I'll increase the carrots like some of the other reviewers.

0 likes

can you sub the oil and egg replacer with apple sauce....and if so how much?

0 likes

these are excellent! healthy and yummy.  they are light in terms of texture and flavor..., not very sweet, but the carrots and spices make them lovely... i added less of the spices (not sure exactly how much) except maybe i added more of the cinnamon and I used all whole wheat flour. will make these again

0 likes

These are so good! I am surprised by how light and fluffy they turned out, not wet and dense like so many of the vegan muffins I make turn out.  I also really like that they are only subtly sweet. I made a batch yesterday and I think I'll make some more today, this time perhaps I'll share.... :)

Modifications:
used 1/2 whole wheat and 1/2 white flour
only used cinnamon for the spice
used brown sugar for the sugar
used olive oil for the oil
used 1 tblsp. unsweetened applesauce for the egg
used 1 1/2 cups shredded carrot, I will up it to 2 cups next time, or more
skipped the nuts since I am allergic

0 likes

These were great!  I used whole wheat flour instead of the rye, and rum flavoring instead of the vanilla.  Oh, and flax and water for the egg-sub.  Decadently healthy!

0 likes

I shouldve read all the reviews before making these, mine turned out dry and ugly. They taste decent, but not pretty enough to take a pic of. Next time I will alter the recipe.

0 likes

Pages