2/3 cup whole wheat flour
1 cup unbleached white flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 cup coconut

What you do: 

Preheat oven to 350. In a large bowl, mix vegan sugar and margarine. Add bananas and water. Prepare the binding powder according to the directions given. Add to wet mixture. Stir in the remaining ingredients, except the coconut,just until moistened. Fold in coconut. Oil bottom only of a 9x5x3 loaf pan. Pour batter into pan. Bake for about 1 hour or until toothpick inserted comes out clean. Cool 5 minutes. Loosen sides form pan; remove loaf.Cool completely.
I like to slice it about 10 minutes after its out of the pan and serve it warm with a touch of vegan margarine. Just a touch of coconut makes this Caribbean Banana Bread extra moist.

Preparation Time: 
Cooking Time: 
Servings: 
Recipe Category: 

SO HOW'D IT GO?

I've made this before as a loaf and liked it.  This time I made a dozen muffins, which I baked for 20 min.  They turned out really well--nice and tender and they browned and came out of the greased muffin cups beautifully.
I also cut the sugar down to about 3/4 cup.  Not that it was too sweet before, but I figured it could be a little less sweet and still be good.

0 likes

I thought it was good, instead of the wheat bread i used rye bread and substituted applesauce for the oil and substituted the water with coconut milk i thought it was super good

0 likes

This turned out really good!  However I had a  :D ditzy moment and totally forgot about adding the egg replacer.  My bread isn't crumbly, though, which is what I was expecting when I realized what I did.  And the coconut is an awesome addition!  Yumms!

0 likes

This turned out way better than i thought it would. I used 4 tsp of baking powder because i didnt have any baking soda. My bananas were over ripe too. It is really good and moist

0 likes