Sweet Spiced Indian Tea

What you need: 

600ml/1 pint water
1 inch piece of cinnamon stick
8 whole cardamom pods
8 whole cloves
3/4 cup soy milk
6 teaspoons sugar
3 teaspoons loose black tea (not flavored)

What you do: 

* I felt inspired to submit this quite delicious and warming drink recipe after reading all the positive comments attributed to the Hot Indian Milk Drink recipe. While I have only ever made it with dairy milk, the aforementioned comments assure me that it would be equally delicious made with soymilk.
Put water and spices into a saucepan. Bring to a boil and then slowly simmer, covered, on low for 10 minutes.
Add the soymilk and vegan sugar and bring to a simmer again.
Throw in the tea leaves, cover and turn off heat.
After 2 minutes, strain and serve.
[hr] No doubt US readers will just be starting to feel the early touch of spring. Still, plenty of cold days left to enjoy a sweet, warming cup of this Indian brew I imagine.
Archived comment by: adagio [hr] Back home, we sometimes add grated ginger to this while simmering the tea leaves and cardamom and other spices -- its super great when you've a sore throat and just want something that slides down easily. (Gingers good for ya too).
Archived comment by: nima_toad [hr] I was sick today so I figured this sounded pretty good. I added the ginger and it was really yummy- I think next time I'll cut down on the water and add a little more soy milk though. Soothes a sore throat though and my house smells really spicy :0)
Archived comment by: nomoojuiceforme [hr] glad to hear this recipe has worked well with soymilk. excellent.
Archived comment by: adagio [hr]

Preparation Time: 
Cooking Time: 
Servings: 
Recipe Category: 

SO HOW'D IT GO?

Be the first to add a comment.