You are here

Member since April 2003

Moms Saturday Morning Pancakes

What you need: 

1 cup flour
2 tablespoon sugar
1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 egg substitute (I use 1 1/2 teaspoon EnerG egg substitute + 2 tablespoon water)
1 1/4 cup soy milk
1 1/2 tablespoon oil

What you do: 

Heat electric griddle to 350 degrees F. Mix all ingredients together. Cook pancakes until bubbly and they have a slightly dry appearance--then flip and cook until done. Enjoy.
This is a modification of my mothers pancakes that she used to make every Saturday morning. She also made a very simple sugar syrup using 1 part water to 2 parts sugar, heated until sugar is dissolved and then she would add a dab of vanilla extract.

Preparation Time: 
Cooking Time: 
Servings: 
Recipe Category: 

SO HOW'D IT GO?

These were ok, but had a yucky aftertaste.  Too much baking powder is my guess.  I added fresh raspberries to the batter which helped some.

0 likes

this was a great recipe. i also added 1/2 teaspoon of cinammon, 1 teaspoon of vanilla, a 1/3 cup of raisins, and a 1/3 cup of chopped walnuts which made it a little more special than just a regular pancake, it made a perfect breakfast for my mother and i.

0 likes

these were very good but i had some trouble with the consistency so i added about 1/2 cup more flour. Also added 1/2 teaspoon vanilla, and sprinkled cinnamon on each pancake while it was cooking. great recipe.

0 likes