2 medium sweet potatoes or yams, cooked and diced
1 (15 ounce) can black beans
1-10 jalapenos, seeded and diced
1 teaspoon cumin
1 teaspoon coriander
1 teaspoon chile powder
8 corn tortillas

What you do: 

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and spray a baking dish with nonstick spray. Water saute the onions, and after 3 minutes add garlic.
2. After onions and garlic are softened, add everything else except tortillas and cook down until the consistency is rather thick.
3. Heat the tortillas on a dry griddle, or microwave for a minute to soften (keeps them from tearing when rolled).
4. Spoon filling on tortilla in an off-center strip, and roll. Smear a bit of filling on the inside edge to seal.
5. Place on prepared baking dish, seam side down, and bake for about 30 minutes.
Serve with salsa verde.'

Preparation Time: 
Cooking Time: 
Servings: 
Recipe Category: 

SO HOW'D IT GO?

is nobody else bothered by the fact that the recipe doesn't say how long to bake them and at what temperature? It just stops with "put them on a baking sheet"...maybe I'm just assuming you need to bake them, maybe this person just wants you to serve them on a baking sheet...?

hmmmmm the baking and temp must have gotten lost when they overhauled vegweb's recipes a few months ago... i would say, bake them at 350F for 30 minutes

0 likes

is nobody else bothered by the fact that the recipe doesn't say how long to bake them and at what temperature? It just stops with "put them on a baking sheet"...maybe I'm just assuming you need to bake them, maybe this person just wants you to serve them on a baking sheet...?

0 likes

oh ya and i used flour tortillas because i like them better :)

0 likes

These were really good... i added some leftover white rice and topped the enchiladas with olives... yum

0 likes

A really good way to impress a new boyfriend  ^-^

I added yellow and green zucchinis and it was awesome!

I found another great recipes with zucchinis one is zucchini bread and another is zucchini lasagna in this http://www.vegetarianlunches.com website.
You shoul see it  ;)b

0 likes

0 likes

i was about to submit a recipe and found this... which is basically almost the same as my "creation" that i fashioned after a favorite from a mexican-ish restaurant in seattle.

i generally just use sweet potatoes or yams, black beans, garlic, cumin, and then some canned diced or stewed tomatoes.  so simple and so good!

0 likes

this is a great recipe, i did switch it up tho. i added diced red bell peppers to the filling as well as adobo, cayenne pepper and lime juice. instead of corn, i used whole grain tortillias, then covered it all in a roasted tomato salsa and vegan cheese. truly satisfying for someone who isnt even vegan or vegetarian. truly a wonderful meal.  ;)

0 likes

Yum!! I'm really digging black beans/sweet potato combos. I almost doubled the spices, and it still lacked some punch, so next time I'll probably used a tablespoon of each. I used 3 chipotles + a tablespoon of adobo sauce instead of jalapenos, and I think I'll use 5 next time. I think 2 sweet potatoes is too much for 1 can of beans, so I added an extra can.  I used enchilada sauce and layered the dish like lasagna: sauce, tortillas, bean mixture, shredded Follow Your Heart Vegan Gourmet cheese, and so on until it was done. Then I baked it, covered, in a 375-degree oven for 30 minutes, and broiled it uncovered for 5 minutes to melt the cheese. I served it with spanish rice and topped it with vegan sour cream. Very tasty!

0 likes

Holy Yum thats good! I made these tonight with a slight variation. I rolled them up and put them in a dish and poured a can of crushed tomato and  green chili's over it . Then I baked it. I had more mix then space in the dish so I just put the remainder between two tortilla and froze it.

0 likes

Pages