You are here

Member since April 2003

Amazing and Easy Avocado Appetizers

What you need: 

1 loaf sourdough baguette, sliced 1/2" thick
1 cup vegan mayonnaise (I use Vegenaise)
2 fresh garlic cloves
splash lemon juice
1 avocado, sliced

What you do: 

1. Preheat broiler and toast baguette, taking great care not to burn them (the toasting doesn't take long and they can burn easily so be careful!).
2. In a small bowl, add vegan mayo. Squeeze garlic into the mayo with a garlic press, and add lemon juice.
3. Spread the garlic aioli onto the sourdough toasts. Top each piece of toast with a slice of avocado and serve!
I have gotten very good feedback from my extremely veg-phobic family. They usually won't try anything vegan, but everyone gobbled these up with alacrity!

Preparation Time: 
Cooking Time: 
Servings: 
Recipe Category: 

SO HOW'D IT GO?

Anyway, I made these for myself last night and looooved it! I had a little leftover vegenaise mixture, so blanched some asparagus to dip in!

0 likes

This was great!  I strongly reccomend adding a little lemon zest (flakes of the actual lemon peel...just the yellow part though, not the pith) to the mixture...it adds a really lovely flavor!Money mouth

0 likes
Anonymous

This ia awesome! Thanks!

0 likes

this has easily become one of my favorite quick meals - i'm going to test them on my family this fourth of july weekend. i just know they're going to love them, even though they are all HUGE meat-eaters. i also tried these with some vegan feta crumbled on top - delicious!

1 like

this is a great simple recipe.  So garlicky!  The avocado I got was not ripe (none in the store were) and I wanted to try this tonight.  So I boiled the avocado after slicing it in 4 pieces with the peel, for about 4 minutes.  It was not as perfect as a nice ripe one, but it did the trick!    The boyfriend loved it too.  Thanks! :)

0 likes

So Yummy!!!!!!!!!!  Definitely recommend this recipe. Absolutely fantastic!  :)

0 likes

Can I just say AGAIN how much I love this snack! Every time I see an avocado, I get hungry 'cause I think of this freakin' tasty dip - I eat it several times a week. Whee!!  :D :D

0 likes

Very easy and very delicious! I didn't have time to get vegan sourdough so I used whole grain crusty cracker sheets.  My two yr old godson loved them so I will be making them again :)

0 likes

My mom always put the seed in the guac too and said it kept it from going brown, but she also sprinkled lemon juice on top for flavor - I think that was the real secret.

Anyway, I made these for myself last night and looooved it! I had a little leftover vegenaise mixture, so blanched some asparagus to dip in!

0 likes

This was great!  I strongly reccomend adding a little lemon zest (flakes of the actual lemon peel...just the yellow part though, not the pith) to the mixture...it adds a really lovely flavor!

0 likes

Pages