1-2 cups tomato sauce
3 tablespoons nutritional yeast
1 tablespoon oregano
1 tablespoon basil
1 tablespoon parsley
1 small eggplant, sliced
olive oil, as needed

What you do: 

1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees F. In a pot on medium low, cook the tomato sauce, nutritional yeast and spices for a couple minutes until it gets nice and thick. If it's still really saucy and runny, add more nutritional yeast.
2. Pour oil all over the bottom of a baking sheet so that there is a layer of oil covering the bottom, and lay the eggplant on the baking sheet.
3. Spoon out the sauce mixture on top of every piece of eggplant, put it in the oven for 10-15 minutes. Just check up on them and make sure they look ok.

Preparation Time: 
10 min
Cooking Time: 
Servings: 

SO HOW'D IT GO?

Loved it ! This recipe is so tasty, thanks for sharing!

0 likes

This Recipe is so good!  A couple changes I made were to use Marinara sauce instead of just tomato sauce.  I used olive oil spray instead of pouring the olive oil over the eggplant.  The biggest thing I did different was to cook the eggplant in the oven by itself and then put it in the pot of sauce.  Then I scooped up the marinara eggplant mixture over spaghetti squash one time and quinoa last night.  I might consider adding mushrooms next time.  Will for sure be in the meal rotation!

0 likes

Delicious specially over brown rice.....!!!  I used 2 tomatoes and rice vinegar instead to make the tomato sauce, fresh parsley, and more nutritional yeast, and it turned out great......:)   Thanks for the great recipe

0 likes

This was good but with way more nutritional yeast, like a full cup.
Sautued the eggplant before it went in the oven. used one can sauce/one can chopped tomatoes. didt have any of the herbs but just used garlic powder and a bit of salt.

Was good by its self, dont even need to put over pasta or anything!

0 likes

;)b OMNOMNOM. This was reeaally good. Just a note: for those of us that cook with celcius, I cooked mine at 235 C for 10-15 minutes covered in foil, then 4 minutes without the foil.

I chopped the eggplant into cubes, with baked tomatoes and well chopped broccoli with the sauce covering it. I also added some breadcrumbs on top to make it more like a casserole. Next time I won't put the breadcrumbs on top and have it (instead) on the side as garlic bread. I also added super-silken tofu the tomato sauce and blended it into small peices--it made a little more sauce, but since I put everything in a casserole dish, it turned out good. I'm making this again! 

0 likes

I made this tonight & it is so simple & delicious. I used a small can of tomatoes  & tomato paste with garlic, basil, oregano, & dried parsely in place of the tomato sauce. I also used cooking spray in place of oil. The only thing I would do different next time is to peel the eggplant.

0 likes

This was good!  I didn't have tomato sauce ready so I used a recipe called Fresh Tomato Sauce (adding a Tb of tomato paste also) at allrecipes.com.  I only put about a teaspoon of olive oil to cover the foil under the eggplant, and it came out fine.  I also added Parmesan cheese on top which made it even better. 

0 likes

a great recipe!
I will  make every year i have eggplant!

0 likes

I'm not much of a fan of eggplant, so I figured this recipe would be great to ease it on me (who doesn't like tomato sauce, right?!). I made a couple of changed, used tomato concentrate and a tomato tin because I don't use tomato sauce and didn't add much nutiotional yeast because I don't like it much. YOU HAVE TO TRY THIS! This is seriously amazing and tasty, so easy and quick to make, and looks so fancy! I served this with regular pasta that a boiled and then sauteed in olive oil and garlic. Perfect meal!

0 likes

This was great and very simple. I lightly browned the eggplant in pan while I prepared the sauce. In the sauce, in addition to the ingredients from the recipe, I added some garlic powder, sea salt, and much much much more nutritional yeast. I also mixed the tomato sauce with diced tomatoes.I will def make this again. 

0 likes

Pages