1/2 bunch cilantro
several green onions (scallions)
1 head broccoli
1/2 - 1 tablespoon Thai green curry paste
1 1/2 tablespoon canola oil
1/2 tablespoon peanut oil
tamari (gourmet quality soy sauce)

What you do: 

Cook udon noodles in a large pot of boiling water per package instructions. Drain, rinse with plenty of cold water, and set aside. While noodles are cooking, dilute green curry paste in a small amount of water and set aside. You may use more paste if you prefer a spicier noodle.
Chop at least 3 large cloves of garlic (more if you like), green onions, and cilantro. In a wok, heat 3/4 T canola oil and 1/4 T peanut oil. Fry chopped spice mixture approximately 2 minutes on medium-high heat.
Add tofu and broccoli to mixture, sprinkling with a fair amount of tamari. Fry until broccoli is tender, adding water as needed. Set aside cooked tofu/broccoli mixture.
Add remaining 3/4 T canola oil and 1/4 T peanut oil to wok. Fry cooked noodles until warm, using a generous amount of tamari. Return tofu/broccoli mixture to wok. Add curry, mix everything together, and dig in!

Preparation Time: 
40 mins
Cooking Time: 
Servings: 
Recipe Category: 

SO HOW'D IT GO?

Yum!  Quick, easy, delicious, nutritious... this one has it all!  Two little bundles of udon are enough though (and change the # servings to "2-3") ... Two packages is way too noodley.

0 likes

This is a really good recipe, however I wouldn't add two packages of udon noodles next time because the ratio of spices/additions to noodles was not proportionate. I ended up having to take half the noodles out after I tried mixing everything together. My omni friends thought it was great though. I added some straw mushrooms, but next time I'll add fresh mushrooms cuz they taste so much better.

This is a great recipe to make if you don't have much time to put something together and also one that will give you lots of leftovers. Yummy!

0 likes

THIS IS SO GOOD!!! My boyfriend and I both agree this is delicious. I used Thai Kitchen's green curry paste (a HEAPING Tbsp, so maybe more like 1.5 Tbsp), seitan strips, and 5 cloves of garlic. I didn't have peanut oil, so I used 1/2 Tbsp canola and 1/2 Tbsp sesame oil for 1st amount, and completely omitted the 2nd amount -- in fact, I didn't bother "frying" the noodles at all, I just dumped them right in. I also used extra broccoli, lots of Braggs Liquid Aminos (subbed for the tamari). Next time I will use two packages of seitan because I like a high seitan/tofu:noodle ratio. :-) Be aware that this makes a LOT of food -- I had a hard time stirring it in my very large skillet without making a mess, but my bf and I decided this dish is worth buying a wok for, LOL. I have to admit I was wary because you can't "see" the spices (and I NEED lots of spices), but it is so flavorful. I'm sure this will become a biweekly staple. My only complaint is that you don't want to stop eating it, so watch out... :-)

0 likes

Excellent dish. I changed things up a little bit. Instead of diluting the green curry paste in water, I shimmer it in 1/4 cup coconut milk in med-high for 3-5 min, and passed on the last amount of canola oil and peanut oil. Turn into a great Thai stirs fry noodle dish. I Highly recommend this dish to every. It's quick, it's easy and it's delicious.

0 likes