You are here

Member since April 2003

Spicy Tortilla Chips

What you need: 

2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
1/2 teaspoon chili powder, or cayenne pepper
8 (8 - 10 inch diameter) flour tortillas

What you do: 

Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Mix cayenne pepper (or chili powder) into olive oil. Brush this mixture on one side of tortillas. Cut each tortilla into about 12 wedges. Place on ungreased cookie sheet or a 15 1/2 x 10 1/2 x 1 inch jelly roll pan. Place uncovered into oven, and bake for 8 to 10 minutes or until golden brown and a little crispy. The chips will continue to get crispy as they cool down so make sure not to burn them in the oven trying to get them crispy!!
THE GOOD NEWS!
No cholesterol, and about 2 gms fat per seving. One serving is 6 chips.

Preparation Time: 
20-30 minutes
Cooking Time: 
Servings: 
Recipe Category: 

SO HOW'D IT GO?

How did your variation turn out?  I have some premade tortillas at home and just found a recipe for making them by hand so I am really curious as to how your variation went.  Let me know!

Jeanette

0 likes

i am trying a variation of this recipe right now - i handmade my own tortillas with masa harina today, and then tire them up into haphazard pieces, and sprinkled salt, pepper, chili powder and red star nutritional yeast on them. i didn't use olive oil because the tortillas were still soft and warm so the spices stuck on fine by themselves.
they are in the oven right now - let's hope they turn out!

0 likes