2 teaspoons mustard powder
2 tablespoons flour
1/2 cup hot sauce (I use Frank's)
8 ounces vegan cheddar cheese, shredded
8 ounces vegan monterey jack cheese, shredded
4 ounces vegan blue cheese, shredded, divided
breadcrumbs, to taste

What you do: 

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Bring a large pot of water to boil. Add elbow noodles and cook according to package directions, until al dente. Drain and set aside.
2. While noodles are cooking, begin cooking celery by placing it in a small sauce pan, along with oil and garlic powder. Cook over medium heat until soft, and set aside.
3. In a large saucepan, melt the vegan butter with 1/4 creamer. Mix in dry mustard and flour until well combined. Add remaining cream and the hot sauce, and stir.
4. Whisk the shredded cheeses (minus blue cheese) into the sauce until melted, and sauce has become thick. Add celery.
5. In a large bowl, mix pasta, sauce and 1/2 the shredded blue cheese . Lightly coat a 13x9" baking dish with butter, oil, or spray. Pour pasta mixture into baking dish and top with breadcrumbs and remaining blue cheese. Cook for 30-40 minutes.
If you like to use vegan meats, you could add some chik'n strips in with the celery and cook it with about 1/4 of the hot sauce.
Source of recipe: http://catskitchen.blogspot.com/ This was inspired by a close friend's non-vegan recipe.

Preparation Time: 
20 minutes, Cooking time: 1 hour
Cooking Time: 
1 hour
Servings: 
8-10
Recipe Category: 

SO HOW'D IT GO?

This was fantastic! I didn't have blue cheese so I just used more of the others and it was very good. I also added some chopped green and red peppers with the celery.

0 likes

Wow this looks ridiculously good!!! Perfect super bowl food!

0 likes