What you need: 

1 cup short grain brown rice, cooked
1/2 cup sweet potato, grated
1/2 onion, diced
salt, to taste
1/2 cup whole grain flour
1 teaspoon olive oil

What you do: 

1. Stir the cooked rice, sweet potato, onion and salt together in a bowl. The salt will draw the moisture out of the potato and onion if allowed to sit for a few minutes.
2. Stir in enough of the flour to make the batter sticky, adding a tablespoon or 2 of water if necessary. Form the into tight balls and squish into patties.
3. Heat a pan to medium and add enough oil to coat the underside of each patty. Cook for 7-10 minutes, flip and cook another 5-7 minutes.
This sweet potato patties recipe can be garnished with lettuce and salsa, on a bun as a burger, or even on its own. I sometimes serve them along with some steamed kale in a tamari and sesame seed dressing.
Source of recipe: When I was young, my mom used to make salmon patties. Now that I'm vegan, I came up with this recipe that while has no resemblence to the salmon patties, is delicious and can be eated the same way - with a bit salad, or some steamed veggies or however you like.

Preparation Time: 
45 min (for rice), Cooking time: 20 min
Cooking Time: 
20 min
Servings: 

SO HOW'D IT GO?

These are really good...my kids (2 and 6yr old)  loved them...they are great to dip in some tempora sauce! Giving it a nice asian flare.

0 likes

These were pretty good, but I found them a bit bland, I'll have to play around with the recipe to add some more flavor. But they make a great base, and even my very fussy fiance liked them :)

0 likes

I love these! I stuggled to get the right consistancy so they wouldn't fall apart on me but, but once I got it jackpot! I subbed to you on youtube, thanks for sharing  ;)b

0 likes

To watch a free video of me making these sweet potato patties, so I can show you the exact techniques that will make the perfect patty, go to http://www.healthyveganrecipes.net/video/sweet-potato-brown-rice-patties

0 likes