1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
1/4 teaspoon onion powder Spinach:
12 ounces frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained
3-4 tablespoons arrowroot powder
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
dash cayenne pepper

What you do: 

1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Grease a muffin pan (I used a 12 count one and left some holes empty). For ricotta cheez, smoosh tofu into a bowl.
2. Add the spices, olive oil and pepper and mash until the texture resembles ricotta cheese (it shouldn't take that long). Set aside.
3. For parmesan cheez, place the almonds, nutritional yeast and spices in a food processor and process until it forms a meal; this took me 2 minutes or so with a small food processor (it won't be super finely ground but that's okay). Set aside.
4. Put drained spinach in a medium sized mixing bowl. Add 1/2 cup ricotta cheez (that's all you'll need; save the rest for a different recipe), the parmesan cheez, and the remaining ingredients into the bowl and mix well with a wooden spoon.
5. Spoon mixture evenly into the muffin cups one at a time, filling each 1/2 way. (I was able to fill 8 cups). Bake until the mixture sets and a knife inserted comes out mostly clean, about 30-35 minutes.
These are so tasty and so good for you! I wanted to take a picture but I scarfed them all up before my camera finished charging (I'll post one soon though)! Enjoy!
Source of recipe: This recipe was modified from this one from Eating Well: http://www.eatingwell.com/recipes/parmesan_spinach_cakes.html

Preparation Time: 
15 min, Cooking time: 30-35 min
Cooking Time: 
30-35 min
Servings: 
Recipe Category: 

SO HOW'D IT GO?

I liked them but they turned out pretty dry and something was off with the taste...like it's missing just one ingredient..

0 likes

These were really good! I used 1/2 a block of tofu for the ricotta and used all of it.  These were dryer than I thought they were going to be but still super yummy and they made the whole house smell amazing while they were cooking.  Thanks!

Awww thank you! I'm so glad you liked them  :>

0 likes

These were really good! I used 1/2 a block of tofu for the ricotta and used all of it.  These were dryer than I thought they were going to be but still super yummy and they made the whole house smell amazing while they were cooking.  Thanks!

0 likes