6 tablespoon vegan butter
2 tablespoons cocoa powder
12 ounces vegan cream cheese
3/4 cup creamy peanut butter
1 1/4 cups powdered sugar
1 tablespoon nut milk (prefer almond)
1 cup mini chocolate chips

What you do: 

Whipped Cashew Cream1) To make the whipped Cashew Cream, put cashews in a bowl and add enough cold water to cover them. Cover the bowl and refrigerate overnight (around 12 hours of soaking). Drain the cashews and rinse under cold water. Place them in a blender with enough fresh cold water to barely cover the cashews. Blend on high for several minutes. I use a food processor and leave it on for about 5 minutes. Your want it to be ground as much as possible. If you don't have a food processor or a good blender, use a fine mesh sieve to give you a nice and smooth cream. Now you have thick cashew cream.
2) Place 1 cup of the cashew cream in a blender (there will be extra cream left over, you can make another batch of the whip cream for some pumpkin pie, which is what I tend to do). Add the agave nectar, vanilla, and a 1/4 cup of water to the cashew cream in the blender/processor. Blend until thoroughly combined.
3) At this point you need to have your coconut oil ready. You do this by warming it up on the stove until it becomes an liquid.With the blender running, slowly drizzle the coconut oil in through the hole of the blender. Blend it until it is emulsified.Pour into a bowl and chill in the refrigerator, covered, for 2 hours. Stir before serving.
Peanutbutter Pie1) Prepare the pie crusts. Using a food processor, crush graham crackers and cocoa powder. Then slowly add the melted vegan butter until it is combined. Press onto a pie pan. DO NOT COOK. The crush is suppose to be a bit crumbly. Set aside while you prepare the filling.
2) Mix the vegan cream cheese, peanut butter, powdered sugar and almond milk with an electric mixer until it is smooth. Fold in the whipped cashew cream and mix until smooth. Add the chocolate chips and then pour the mixture into two prepared pie crusts. Freeze for at least 5 to 6 hours, preferably overnight. Thaw for 10 minutes before serving.
Source of recipe: I went on a quest to make my mom's frozen peanut butter pie vegan. I was successful and boy does this pie taste amazing! The cashew whipped cream is an adaptation of the Conscious Cook's version but mind adds very little water to keep it more firm, necessary for the pie. Keep in mind this pie has a few steps that require chilling and freezing. The cashews must be soaked over night. The whipped cream must be chilled for a few hours as well. So plan ahead! This frozen desert will definitely impress!

Preparation Time: 
Cooking Time: 
Servings: 
Recipe Category: 

SO HOW'D IT GO?

Be the first to add a comment.