1 red apple
1 stalk celery
2 carrots
Cumin, pepper, and red pepper, to taste
2 scallions
2 cloves garlic
Zest of half a lime
Juice of half a lime
1 tablespoon raw cider vinegar (maybe less)

What you do: 

1) Pulse all ingredients but cabbage leaves in a food processor until finely chopped.
2) Remove the thickest part of cabbage stem by cutting a 'V' shape out of the bottom of each leaf. Place about 2 tablespoon of the mixture in the center of each leaf, squeezing lightly first remove excess drips. Roll up each leaf by folding in half away from you, then pulling the mixture tight against the wall you have created (closest to your body). Tuck in sides of leaf and continue to roll tightly.
3) Place the rolls seam side down on a platter and use toothpicks to hold in place if necessary.
Serve with your favorite raw peanut sauce!
Source of recipe: Modified from a recipe on 'Bean Vegan'

Preparation Time: 
10 minutes
Cooking Time: 
Servings: 
Recipe Category: 

SO HOW'D IT GO?

There was something about these that didn't work for me. I think if I make these again, I'll do what OrangeCreme did and leave out the scallions and maybe half the garlic. As much as I love garlic, this was too something for me. I also had to use romaine leaves since I didn't have cabbage.

0 likes

I nixed the scallions and added red bell pepper. Deeeeelish! I used romaine instead of cabbage, but cabbage would have been better. Thanks!

0 likes

Oh...my...stars!!! I made this last night at my raw food class and suffice it to say that there was barely enough for me to taste as well. This dish was AWESOME!! I could taste every single ingredient. It was thee perfect blend of sweet and savory.

The only thing I had to change was the fact that I could not use cabbage for the wrap part. The cabbage I had kept tearing apart when I tried to remove them. So, we used romain leaves in their place and folks went nuts with this dish. We had about a dozen or so people in the class and no one was disappointed, what-so-ever!

I will make this for my family tonight for sure. 100% excellent!!!!!

0 likes

I didn't really like these - they were hard to eat (fell apart easily), and WAY too sweet for a main dish in my opinion. They probably would be a lot better with peanut sauce like you suggested, but since I didn't have any I went without.

0 likes