You are here

Member since March 2009

Better Than Any Other Mock Tuna

What you need: 

1 cup almond pulp* (can substitute ground soaked almonds)
1 cup carrot pulp* (can substitute grated carrot)
1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
1/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
1/4 cup sweet onion, minced
3 tablespoons nutritional yeast
1 tablespoon cold pressed olive oil
1 teaspoon Himalayan salt
1 teaspoon kelp granules
1/2 teaspoon chili pepper flakes
1 head romaine lettuce
Olives, to taste
Oickles, to taste

What you do: 

1) Combine all ingredients up to lettuce in food processor. Process until well combined. Cut bottom of romaine head off and separate leaves. Spoon tuna mixture into romaine leaves and top with chopped olives and pickles.
* Almond and carrot pulp are the solids remaining after making almond milk or carrot juice.
Source of recipe: I was using the recipe for a nut pate from the raw cookbook "Alive in 5" It looked pretty similar to tuna so I added a few things and it tasted awesome.

Preparation Time: 
15 minutes
Cooking Time: 
Servings: 
1 to 2
Recipe Category: 

SO HOW'D IT GO?

Outstanding post, you have pointed out some good details , I likewise conceive this s a very good website.
coatings wear resistant

0 likes

Nutrtional yeast is not a raw ingredient.

0 likes

http://foreverhealthy.net/html/archives/faq/fluoride.asp

There is natural fluoride in foods and chemically added fluoride such as what is added to toothpaste in a concentrated form. Naturally occurring fluoride has a complex whole food structure, is bound with many other naturally occurring minerals and will not in most cases cause any problems. Many natural foods such as fruits, vegetables and herbs, contain fluoride and there are no problems caused by it. It is not the same with the isolated fluoride such as the one added to drinking water.

Whole foods, unaltered by man have certain categories of food elements such as minerals, vitamins, fatty acids, amino acids and thousands of enzymes and phyto-nutrients. These elements all work together in synergy to deliver nutrients that can be utilized by the cells in your body. When we consume synthetic vitamin/mineral supplements which are what we refer to as isolates, then we will most definitely have a problem. Nothing in nature ever grows without thousands of complimentary nutrients. When we isolate one element we are trying to feed our body something it does not recognize, and therefore we get problems. ALWAYS. Taking isolated elements will deplete other elements in our bodies. For example, too much vitamin C will deplete iron. Not to mention how acidic synthetic supplements are.

Sodium chloride which is table salt, and basically an isolated single mineral, to be truthful is synthetic salt. VERY harmful to the body. Himalayan Salt is a naturally occurring, multi mineral, sun-energized salt. I have performed an interesting experiment on myself and some of my clients. Eat only whole foods for one month. I recommend avoiding table salt at all costs. Eat mainly vegetables and fruits, nuts and seeds. Some lean protein if you need to. Avoid packaged foods. After 1 month try to use common (synthetic table salt). Notice what happens after avoiding it for one month and then consuming it.

Wait a day and then try Himalayan Salt. With the common table salt, you will feel extremely thirsty. You will likely get a canker sore on your tongue and feel how acidic table salt is. One ounce of table salt retains seven pounds of water in the body. Talk about dehydration! It draws moisture from our skin and dehydrates our bowel contents worsening digestion or even causing constipation.

Notice you do not have the same symptoms when you try Himalayan Salt. It will not irritate your tongue or cause excessive thirst. It is much less acidic and dissolves much more thoroughly than common table salt. Our bodies are smart. Everyone reacts the same way, as our bodies do not want the isolated sodium chloride, synthetic, harmful, irritating salt!

0 likes

HImalayan salt is loaded with fluoride, which is toxic to us. Please use Celtic Sea Salt or another Sea Salt that you know does not contain fluoride.

0 likes

OMGAWD love love LOVE love! This recipe is aaaa-mazing. I followed it to the letter, added pickles and green onions for a topping, and ate it in huge romaine leaves for dinner last night. This is better than how I remember real tuna salad to be. If I wasn't doing a RAW week right now, I would maybe mix in a dollop of Vegenaise before spooning it into the romaine leaves.

0 likes

This IS the best mock tuna I have ever had. I will be making this every time I make almond milk. What a fantastic way to use the pulp! I LOVE this recipe!

0 likes