1 cup light brown sugar, packed
1/2 cup canola oil
1/4 cup maple syrup
1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1 cup vegan dark chocolate chips
1/2 cup chopped nuts, optional

What you do: 

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F, and grease a cookie sheet. In a medium bowl, combine flour, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
2. In a large bowl, mash the bananas. Add brown sugar, canola oil, maple syrup, vanilla, and baking powder. Mix untill well blended.
3. Stir in 1/2 of the dry ingredients, then add the rest until well mixed. Fold in the chocolate chips and nuts, if desired. Drop spoonfuls of dough onto prepared cookie sheet and bake 15 to 20 minutes.
4. Remove to a wired cooling rack and enjoy! After fully cooled, store in an air tight container.
Source of recipe: Made up this recipe while playing around with some vegan cookie recipes, everyone loves them!

Preparation Time: 
Short, Cooking time: 20 minutes
Cooking Time: 
20 minutes
Servings: 
Recipe Category: 

SO HOW'D IT GO?

I've been making these for a few years now and they are absolutely delicious! I had always followed the recipe exactly, but this last time I was out of maple syrup so I used Agave. Just as amazing :)

0 likes

These were good! I used the full amount of flour, and mine also came out like giant cookies (but a bit cakier). That's ok though, because I was also looking for a cookie like this. I added less sugar, but they're still pretty sweet.

0 likes

I realized I only had a cup and a half of flour, so I tried to adjust everything accordingly, so they weren't precise, but they turned out really good!  More like a cookie, but that was my fault, and a chocolate chip banana cookie is certainly not a bad thing!

0 likes