1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
1/2 cup water
1/2 cup oil
1/2 cup walnuts or pecans, chopped

What you do: 

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. In a mixing bowl, mix together the dry ingredients (flour, sugar, cocoa powder, baking powder, and salt).
2. In another bowl, mix the wet ingredients (water, oil, and vanilla). Add the dry mixture into the wet mixture and stir until just combined. Stir in the nuts.
3. Spread batter into an 8" or 9" square baking pan. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes, but keep checking for preferred doneness after 10 minutes - just eyeball it until it's as gooey or chewy as you like!
Source of recipe: These are seriously the most amazing brownies I've ever eaten!!! They're chewy but still gooey! Waaay better than regular brownies I used to make in my un-veggie days! Hope you love them!

Preparation Time: 
5 minutes
Cooking Time: 
Servings: 
Recipe Category: 

SO HOW'D IT GO?

These were good and super quick and easy!  I just made a batch substituing 1/2 cup applesauce for 1/2 cup of oil.  And for the 1 cup of sugar I subbed 1/2 cup raw organic agave nectar.  This is supposed to be an equal conversion, but when subbing for sugar, I usually prefer to mix maple and agave in equal parts.  This could have taken more sweetener, so next time I'll put in an additional 1/4 cup of maple (I was out today).  I might also change to 1/4 cup applesauce & 1/4 cup coconut oil.  But all in all these were pretty darn good!  Think I'll make some fudge icing for them next time too!   Thank you for sharing!
Lori Smile 

0 likes

So good, just halved the recipe and made a semi-healthy version of these with applesauce instead of canola or whatever, and agave for the sugar. I also added walnuts, pecans and a large amount of chocolate chips. Then I ate the whole pan haha...no seriously though. Now making vegan chocolate chip cookies to attack next Cool

0 likes

These are delicious!  Instead of water I use Chocolate or Vanilla Almond Milk.  In place of oil, I found these come out even better using applesauce.  I've done it with oil, Vegan margarine and applesauce.  I like the consistency with applesauce the best.  With the holidays coming, yesterday I experimented and put 2 crushed peppermint candy canes on top before baking. Yummy!  Next I am going to try adding in mint extract instead of vanilla to see how that comes out, also with the candy canes on top. 

0 likes

Made these today. I replaced all of the oil with pumpkin and used stevia instead of sugar - they were a little less sweet because of that, but still very fudgy and delicious. Can't wait to make them for my family at christmas

0 likes

I smothered them  in rasberry sauce and they were HEAVENLY! 

0 likes

I smothered them  in rasberry sauce and they were HEAVENLY! 

0 likes

love these!!!

0 likes

best brownies - ever!
Thank you!!

0 likes

Yay, these hit the spot! :) Subbed out half oil for applesauce. I had to bake these for a little while longer that stated (30 minutes) to get a fluffy cake like texture instead of a fudgey ooey gooey consistency. Happiness! Thanks for sharing.

0 likes

Okay guys, here is the deal. I made these with a few alterations, and they tasted like love. Pure joy.

I switched the all purpose flour for whole wheat, threw in a tsp each of flax and ener-g, doubled the vanilla, cut the oil in half and threw in 1/3 cup of apple sauce. Baked them with a handful of chocolate chips on top until they tested done with a toothpick, and when they came out of the oven I poured chocolate glaze on top while they were still warm.

http://vegweb.com/recipes/chocolate-glaze

They are fudgey and gooey and pretty much perfect.

0 likes

Pages