1 tablespoon oil
1 cup mushrooms, chopped
handful spinach, torn
7 ears baby corn, chopped into mini matchsticks
4 tablespoons Bragg's liquid aminos
1 tablespoon Hoisin sauce
1 (16 ounce) package rice paper roll wrappers

What you do: 

1. Steam the cabbage, carrots, and broccoli. Saute the onion for about 2-3 minutes in oil, then add the mushrooms and saute for about 5 more minutes.
2. Mix in the steamed veggies, spinach, and baby corn along with the bragg's and hoisin and saute long enough to make the spinach limp.
3. Fill a bowl the size of the rice paper roll wrapper about half way with water and soak the wraps 1 or 2 at a time. Now you want these to be a little flimsy, but still sort of hold its shape without folding over and sticking to itself.
4. Scoop 2 to 4 tablespoons filling onto a rice paper roll wrapper as if you were filling a little burrito. Take what would be the ends of the roll and fold them in onto each other, then roll the wrap up snug.
5. If you let the rolls set in the fridge for about 5 minutes and then flip them and set another 5 minutes, the wraps will dry up nicely so as to hold together better.
We love these and often have them a few times in one week, using whatever veggies we have on hand. I have not quite mastered the art of making sweet chili sauce, so I buy the taste of Asia brand from the health food store.
Source of recipe: Just something I came up with.

Preparation Time: 
about 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 
Servings: 
Recipe Category: 

SO HOW'D IT GO?

Tried these tonight.  They were pretty good. I switched up the veggies a little, didn't use any oil, added some tofu, and made a dipping sauce rather than adding the hoisin and braggs.  I think working with the rice paper requires a little practice but nonetheless they still turned out okay.  The sauce I made was 1/2 cup veggie broth, 1/2 tbsp cornstarch, 1/4 cup vinegar, 2 tbsp soy sauce, and 2 tbsp sugar.  It went really well with the rolls.
Thanks for the recipe!

0 likes