2 cups whole wheat flour
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon cloves
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup pecan crumbs, optional
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup white sugar
1/2 cup vegan margarine (you can also use canola oil or applesauce)
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/4 cup nondairy milk
3 ripe bananas, mashed

What you do: 

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Grease 1 bread pan. Mix together all dry ingredients in a large bowl.
2. In a separate bowl, beat together all wet ingredients. Pour wet ingredients into dry while stirring, only stir until everything is combined.
3. Pour into prepared pan and bake for 60 to 70 minutes.
Source of recipe: This banana bread is moist, the perfect sweetness and can be altered to your taste. You can add raisins, dried fruit, or vegan chocolate chips (my favorite)!

Preparation Time: 
Approx 10 minutes, Cooking time: 60 to 70 minutes
Cooking Time: 
60 to 70 minutes
Servings: 
Recipe Category: 

SO HOW'D IT GO?

Brought this to a housewarming party recently and it was gone in five minutes. Everyone loved it, especially the vegans! I added some honey to sweeten it up and put in more almond milk to make it creamier.

0 likes

This is really yummy! Cant post photo because it didnt even cool down before hubby got right into it! Intead of the pecan I used choc hip. Will use bit les sugar next time, dont really have a sweet tooth

0 likes

I just pulled this out of the oven. I used almond meal/flour and buckwheat flour, ground flax, and some raw agave with the brown sugar. Delicious.

0 likes

I'm making this right now in a 9-9 cake pan because I don't have a loaf pan.  I did 2 bananas, 1 whole cup of applesauce, 1/4th cup of unrefined coconut oil, 1 cup of white sugar, 1/2 c of molasses, and then 2 c of white flour and about 1/2 c of whole oats.  I'm REALLY excited about this, because I'm looking for new recipes for my daughter, and one of her favorite foods happens to be bananas! 

0 likes

Loved it!
Used all brown sugar instead of white+brown mixture, added raisins, nuts and flax seeds, used water instead of milk and oil instead of margarine.

Delicious!

0 likes

This is the best banana bread EVER!
I've made it twice now, both times without cloves because I can't afford much right now.
The first time I made it I only had 2 bananas and it still turned out great.
2nd time I made it, I did use 3 bananas and tried the apple sauce instead of margarine... it was wonderful! Even my picky omni kids loved it. THANK YOU!

0 likes

Delicious!  This is the first vegan recipe I made and it was a huge success!  My reluctant husband and son loved it too!  I didn't have cloves.  I used crushed walnut instead of pecans.  I used earth balance soy garden spread and silk purealmond.  Thank you so much for sharing this recipe! 

0 likes

I'm eating this now, warm & fresh out of the oven, and it's quite yummy! We didn't have brown sugar, so we used 3/4 cup of white sugar, and we also omitted the cloves, but it's still nice and moist and has a nice banana flavor. Easy too!

0 likes

I made this last night and it turned out great! I added some chocolate chips and used white flour (unhealthy, I know) and I baked it in a round cake tin. when It was done and cool, I iced it with some vegan cream cheese icing and topped that with a sprinkle of chocolate jimmies, and it turned out a hit! My non-vegan Aunty who's over from Sydney loved it and even my strictly non-vegan grandma loved it too!

Thanks for the great recipe, I really enjoyed it ^_____^

0 likes

This is really awesome and easy banana bread! I make it almost every week...Very moist. I use almond milk, raw cane sugar which i usually cut in half, and 4 bananas...yum

0 likes

Pages