You are here

Member since December 2008

Fresh Corn and Avocado Salad

What you need: 

3 ears fresh sweet corn, husked and cleaned (or 3 cups frozen, thawed)
1/2 cup red onion, diced
1 small avocado, diced
juice of 1/2 lime
1 tablespoon fresh basil, chopped
1/2 teaspoon sea salt
freshly ground pepper, to taste

What you do: 

1. Combine all ingredients in a large bowl.
2. Serve immediately or allow to marinate.
This salad is even better the next day! Serve as a side, with tortilla chips, or as a topping for tacos.
Source of recipe: What better time to share this simple salad recipe then when the farmer’s markets, roadside stands, and grocery stores (if you must!), are brimming with tender ears of sweet corn. I created this recipe last year after learning from a local farmer that you can eat sweet corn raw without it ever touching a grill or a pot of boiling water. I was able to convert many naysayers last summer, and now it’s time for me to make a believer out of you!

Preparation Time: 
5 minutes
Cooking Time: 
Servings: 
4-6
Recipe Category: 

SO HOW'D IT GO?

Not a fan of onions but followed this recipe to the letter anyway. It's extremely delicious!

The said onions, sweet corn, avacado, basil and lime all complement each other beautifully. It has mildly spicy and pungent, yet sweetl, refreshing and citrusy flavor all in one!

Definitely going to keep making this very soon, very often. Might even try experimenting with other ingrediants (like tomatoes and cucumbers) in the future just to keep this baby varied and interesting. Also my new go-to for pot-lucks and barbecues. =)

0 likes

mouth water goes out(I am a Chinese)

0 likes

Cannot wait to make this as the opening dish for my super vegan dinner tomorrow night! I was looking for a super yummy & fresh raw opener..methinks I found one!

0 likes
0 likes

This was so yummy! I added grape tomatoes and a little bit of arugula.... and no fresh basil. But it was FULL of flavor! everyone must try this!

0 likes

made this a while ago- sooo good!! I added a few cherry tomatoes, do try it!

0 likes

This was really good. And is great as a salsa for chips! I used two cups of corn instead of three, though. I also added in tomatoes  :)>>>

0 likes

Yummy yummy!!

0 likes

yeah this stuff is awesome with fresh corn.  I always add extra spices of my own, but it's such a great base recipe. love it!  :)>>>

0 likes

this is one of my favourite raw food recipes!  So quick to make, and absolutely delicious...i might be eating it right now :)

0 likes

Pages