1/2 tablespoon freshly minced garlic
1 tablespoon dried basil
1/4 teaspoon chili powder
1/4 cup canola oil
1/8 cup olive oil
sprinkle garlic salt
sprinkle lemon pepper

What you do: 

Combine everything into food processor EXCEPT both oils.Process until all is blended, mine always balls up to one side.Slowing pour oil in as the hummus is blending.Process until you think it's ready!
Source of recipe: I have been making this hummus for months now but just took the time to measure everything out for vegweb!!

Preparation Time: 
15 minutes
Cooking Time: 
Servings: 
Recipe Category: 

SO HOW'D IT GO?

I did not like this very much... I wasn't sure if I was supposed to add the liquid from the garbanzo bean can so I didn't but ended up needing extra liquid... So I added about 1/4 cup...The only way I saved this hummus was by adding 4 tablespoons of cream cheese to make it creamy and not so basil-ey... I dunno this was my first time trying to make hummus and I was disappointed :( Sorry

0 likes

No tahini? I am curious as to how it turns out, both in taste and consistency. Does it still get nice and creamy?
I also prefer fresh herbs and fresh squeezed lemon juice to replace some of the oil and the lemon pepper. But the addition of chili powder is intriguing. I make a tomato-basil hummus and will have to experiment with adding it next time.

0 likes