1/2 cup water
1/2 teaspoon herbes de provence
1/4 cup nutritional yeast
few shakes garlic powder
few shakes onion powder
few shakes red pepper flakes
1/2 teaspoon salt, add more to taste

What you do: 

1. Saute garlic in a small sauce pan. I used a non-stick pan that had a tiny bit of water in it. When garlic is browned, add in the rest of the ingredients.
2. Bring mixture to a boil and stir often, after a few minutes the mixture will thicken up a bit.
3. You'll know it's the right consistency when you dip a spoon in and when you take it out it has a nice coating on it, not too watery--you want it to stick to your artichoke leaves. Taste test and add more salt or spices.
The measurements I gave are close estimates. I was making this up as I went and didn't measure, but it turned out delicious... way better than the boring melted butter I used to use in my non-vegan days... and way healthier too!
Source of recipe: I decided to come up with a dip for artichokes that wasn't based on oil or mayonnaise.

Preparation Time: 
2 minutes, Cooking time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 
10 minutes
Servings: 

SO HOW'D IT GO?

I've made this a bunch of times, using Trader Joe's "21 Seasoning Salute" instead of the herbes de provence.  It's amazing.  Thank you so much.

0 likes

I didn't have any Herbes de Provence so I used salt-free Italian seasoning, went heavier on the minced garlic and omitted the garlic and onion powders. That said, the sauce was amazing. I will absolutely, positively make it again. Maybe with a little lemon juice. Kudos!

0 likes