10 ounces tomatoes, puree or chunky
1 teaspoon sugar
1/4 teaspoon lemon juice
1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
1/8 teaspoon thyme
1/8 teaspoon Italian seasoning
1/4 teaspoon salt

What you do: 

1. For spinach rolls, preheat oven to 350 degrees Farenheit. Make the crescents into a rectangle, cut off the corner of the larger side and put it on the smaller side.
2. Put the spinach on top of the dough. Salt, to taste. Roll them up and put them in a muffin pan. Bake for 17 minutes.
3. For sauce, put all the sauce ingredients in a sauce pan on medium heat; bring to a boil. Or put it in a glass bowl, and put it in the microwave for about 45 seconds. Spoon over rolls, or dip.
Source of recipe: Trying to make a snack and this is what I came up with.

Preparation Time: 
10 minutes, Cooking time: 17 minutes
Cooking Time: 
17 minutes
Servings: 

SO HOW'D IT GO?

Well these sound super yummy...I have researched DATEM because I found it in several foods I have bought. It is used in baking as an emulsifier, however I didn't like what I read next
"It is also known as E472e and it is Often derived from GM soya bean oil". GM Soybean Oil?? YUCK! I won't be buying it anymore!

0 likes

I am just throwing in my 2 cents.  I also googled Pillsbury Crescent Rolls and I found several places where it said that the original brand is vegan.  There is an ingredient called DATEM in it, but they insist that is vegan.  I did not see anything about Stearate in the ingredients list. 

I am not certain about whether it is vegan or not, but am just letting you all know what I read.

0 likes

These are delish and super easy!  My kids love it!  Thanks!  ;)b

0 likes

Thanks!  They're not really pockets.  My rolls come out pretty long, rather than little spirals, so I just cut them in half.  What you're seeing in the pic is the gooey middle goodness.

0 likes

This was crazy good.  I couldn't pass up the opportunity to make these more pizza like so I put marinara sauce and vegan mozzarella in the roll before baking. 

*I bought Kroger brand, which I know isn't available in a lot states, but it is vegan and really good and cheap too.

* The tube made six rectangles of dough, it wasn't 6 tubes of dough

Hey, Fullobeans

I love the pic you took of this recipe.    Did you still use the crescent dough and if so, how did you make them into pockets instead of rolls ?

0 likes

i liked these a lot.. i did modify it a bit.. i sauteed some finely chopped onion and garlic, then added fresh spinach, some marinara sauce and crushed red pepper flaked. i used this filling in the rolls and just used store bought marinara sauce. they were good and something i would make again. a good snack while watching movies :)

0 likes

This was crazy good.  I couldn't pass up the opportunity to make these more pizza like so I put marinara sauce and vegan mozzarella in the roll before baking. 

*I bought Kroger brand, which I know isn't available in a lot states, but it is vegan and really good and cheap too.

* The tube made six rectangles of dough, it wasn't 6 tubes of dough

0 likes

im pretty sure the walmart brand is vegan, and yummm! they look good, i cant wait to make them

0 likes

What brand of crescent rolls are you guys using?

wegmans store brand was vegan i believe.

0 likes

I just used puff pastry, guess I should have mentioned that in my review - but yeah, I haven't found any crescent rolls without that stearate shit....

0 likes

Pages