1/4 vegetable oil
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 cup sugar
1 banana mashed with 1 teaspoon baking powder
3/4 cup zucchini, grated and squeezed dry
1/4 cup carrot, grated and squeezed dry
1/2 cup vegan chocolate chips or carob chips

What you do: 

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and line muffin tin with paper lines or spray with nonstick spray. Mix all dry ingredients in a bowl.
2. Combine the milk, vegetable oil, vanilla, and sugar. Add this mixture along with mashed bananas, zucchini, and carrots to dry ingredients and gently stir until everything is well mixed but not over mixed.
3. Fold in chocolate chips. Fill prepared muffin tin 3/4 full and bake for 25-30 minutes. Check with toothpick for doneness.
Let cool and frost with vegan frosting, if desired!

Preparation Time: 
15 minutes, Cooking time: 25-30 minutes
Cooking Time: 
25-30 minutes
Servings: 
Recipe Category: 

SO HOW'D IT GO?

I am continually amazed by the amount of information available on this subject. What you presented was well researched and well worded in order to get your stand on this across to all your readers.
https://rebelmouse.com/crackthegirlcodereviews/

0 likes

These are soooo good.  I have a garden and my zucchini plant is just taking off and i have lots of zucchini i need to use.  My husband and i are both trying to move from being vegetarians to vegans but my husband is having a harder time due to him eating less calories and now craving animal products so i decided to make more high calorie food for him to help with the cravings.  He is doing much better now that he sees there is lots of good vegan food out there.

0 likes

if I left out the chocolate and added maybe a little more vanilla, could these be vanilla cupcakes?  What do people think?  They were wonderful as chocolate cupcakes, so I was just thinking...

0 likes

love love love love love! followed the recipe exactly except used only 1/4 c. sugar and 1/4 c. agave syrup instead of the full cup of sugar, and they were perfect. nom nom nom :)>>>

0 likes

These are amazing, and so moist!  I've made vegan cupcakes before, and they were so dry and almost crunchy - not what I wanted.  These are great; I didn't change anything.  I *might* try it without the chocolate chips in the future if I want them to be strictly vegan, because vegan chocolate chips are expensive and not everybody likes carob.  So I might just leave them out.  Both times I tried this recipe it made 12 cupcakes  - but I guess I made them pretty big, and I sampled some of the batter too.
Thanks for a fantastic recipe!  I will make these for my grad party in a couple weeks;  this was the test run.  :-)

0 likes

I would like to try this but would they work without the banana? I mean, can I use a different egg replacer?

Thanks!

Woops, ignore my last message.  I think any other egg replacer would be good, but keep in mind how they affect things: applesauce makes things fluffier, tofu and flax will make it a little less dense but still more dense than banana, and pureed prunes will pretty much have the same affect as banana.

Hope this was helpful!

0 likes

I would like to try this but would they work without the banana? I mean, can I use a different egg replacer?

Thanks!

0 likes

:)>>>delicious, we had a cupcake extraviganza for my friends birthday and these were everyones favorite!!

0 likes

This is a very rich and moist cake!  I made cupcakes and frosted them with peanut butter frosting and they are fantastic!  The only change I made was to add some chopped walnuts but the cake would have been just as good without.  Definately a keeper recipe!

0 likes