You are here

Member since January 2009

The Best Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookies Ever!

What you need: 

2-1/4 cup flour
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 cup vegan margarine*
3/4 cup brown sugar**
3/4 cup sugar***
1 teaspoon vanilla
Egg replacer equivalent of 2 eggs ****
12 oz. vegan semi-sweet chocolate chips *****
1/4 cup soymilk (if needed) ******

What you do: 

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
In a medium bowl, mix together the flour, salt, and baking soda.
In a large bowl, cream together the margarine, brown sugar, sugar, vanilla, and egg replacer mixture. Stir in the flour mixture and mix well. Add the chocolate chips and mix. Add soymilk until batter creates the correct texture. (see note below)
Drop the dough by spoonfuls onto a lightly oiled cookie sheet and bake for 8 to 10 minutes. Cool on a wire rack.
*I used smart balance. It says vegan right on the top of the lid. You may also use any other VEGAN butters. Be sure it is vegan!
**My typical sugar is not vegan. I used vegan brown sugar from wholefoods. You can also find vegan brown sugar at usually any health food stores. Woodstock is vegan. Heck, if you wish... use more white sugar.
***You could use turbino sugar.... but that ruins the deliciousness a tad. Use woodstock or any other sugar that says vegan. You could take a risk by using store brand.... even though you're risking a lot.
****Don't use corn starch or bananas or apple sauce... use ENER G please. It is amazing. You could also use Bob's Red Mill which is found at Acme. Invest about 7 dollars for ENER G though... it has about 113 "eggs" in it.
*****Shop Rite brand is vegan... so is Girardelli semi-sweet, however... is amazing. It is vegan is so yummy-licious.

Preparation Time: 
15 minutes, Cooking time: 8-10 minutes
Cooking Time: 
8-10 minutes
Servings: 
Recipe Category: 

SO HOW'D IT GO?

oily, flat, very unsatisfying cookie - sorry I trusted your recipe

0 likes

I love all the astericks! It made me smile ^-^ because on my blog
<A HREF="http://www.tatianacochran.com">Awesome Vegan Girl</A>, I have a really hard time not doing that. I think of all these extra tips and suggestions... but then I end up erasing them all cause it looks funny. Maybe I'll start leaving them, your little suggestions were helpful.

<A HREF="http://www.tatianacochran.com">Awesome Vegan Girl</A>

0 likes

Sounds great!  I'm going to try it this week.  :D

0 likes