1 clove garlic
1 cup sweetcorn
1 pint vegetable stock
1 can tomatoes
2 tablespoon curry powder/korma powder
1 teaspoon masala powder
black pepper & salt to season

What you do: 

Soak your lentils for a few hours prior to cooking.
Prepare your vegetables by dicing the larger ones such as onion and carrot. Cut the cauliflower and broccoli into small chunks.
Add some olive oil to a pan and fry all your vegetable until soft. Add in the curry or korma powder in and mix well.
Drain the lentils and add to the vegetables. Add in about 1/3 of the stock and let simmer for about 10-15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Next add in the can of chopped tomatoes and mix well. Season and taste. You can add some Masala powder in for extra curry flavour. Let the mixture simmer and gradually add more stock to keep it from sticking to the pan. Cook for a further 20-30 minutes.
Source of recipe: Made this up from cupboard contents

Preparation Time: 
10 minutes, Cooking time: 45-50 minutes
Cooking Time: 
45-50 minutes
Servings: 
Recipe Category: 

SO HOW'D IT GO?

I thought this was pretty good, but I was confused where it said "add in about 1/3 of the stock and simmer."  That would mean simmering a pan of vegetables and 1 pound of soaked lentils in just 2/3 cup water.  That didn't make sense to me, so I added all of the stock, all the liquid from the tomatoes, and the liquid from the corn.  It turned out to be a pretty good stew, and I added a little coconut milk, lime, and cilantro. 

0 likes