You are here

Member since November 2008

Vegan Lasagna Noodle Soup

What you need: 

1 tablespoon olive oil
7 ounces vegan sausage (I use Gimme Lean Sausage Style Veggie Protein)
1 onion, chopped
2-3 carrots, thinly sliced
2-3 stalks celery, chopped
3-4 cups fresh spinach, chopped
2 cloves garlic, chopped
3-4 ounces vegan cream cheese
1/4 cup nutritional yeast
Italian seasoning, to taste
cayenne pepper, to taste
4-5 cups vegetable broth
1 (15 ounce) can diced tomatoes
1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce
1/2 (12 ounce) box lasagna noodles, broken up into bite sized pieces

What you do: 

1. In big soup pot, sauté vegan sausage with onions, carrots, and celery until carrots are tender and sausage is slightly browned. Add chopped spinach and sauté.
2. Add garlic and sauté for 1 minute. Stir in cream cheese, nutritional yeast, and seasonings until cream cheese melts and all ingredients are blended.
3. Add broth, diced tomatoes, and tomato sauce to pot. Add noodles and cook until noodles are tender.
4. Allow to simmer on low for about 10-20 minutes.
Source of recipe: I created this recipe after my husband put the leftover lasagna into his vegetable soup. He has mixed leftovers together before, but this time his concoction was actually good!

Preparation Time: 
15 minutes, Cooking time: 45 minutes
Cooking Time: 
45 minutes
Servings: 
8-10
Recipe Category: 

SO HOW'D IT GO?

Oh my god sooo good!!!!

0 likes

Absolutely incredible.

Made this to the recipe but did add an additional cup of veggie broth. Planning on having leftover for lunch today....and its really thick now. Might have to add more broth or just call it a stew and be happy! I also used Vegan Gourmet Cream Cheese...its so much better than Tofutti.

Crusty bread, a glass of vegan red wine and thou.....its so good!

THANK YOU.

;)b

0 likes

This was awesome and what a great idea!  I will make this again for sure. 

0 likes

This was awesome! Everyone should make this soup. :)

0 likes

I'm so gonna try this, but I think this site would be so much better if they'd post how many calories were in it too.

0 likes

This is delicious and simple to make. I will make again!! ;)b

0 likes

So yummy! Next time I'll add the cream cheese and yeast after the noodles are done, but everyone loved it, and the leftovers are great. We'll definitely make this again.

0 likes

This made my apartment smell like Luigi's Italian Eatery. I loved every bite of this dish.
--
I used to love me some canned chef boyardee raviolis and this reminded me of that, only 1000x betta.
--
I used 2 carrots and next time I will use less, wasnt diggin the carrots so much but overall this  was really very good.

0 likes

The giant pot I made is gone. I have to admit....I'm pretty sad!!!  :( lol

0 likes

This looks delicous but it's difficult to find vegan ground sausage/ground beef around here, any subs?

Try using reconstituted TVP. Can be bought through a number of online stores, including Amazon.

0 likes

Pages