What you need: 

Crepes:
1 cup plain flour (I use barley flour)
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon powdered ginger
1 tablespoon raw sugar
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 cups vanilla nondairy milk (I use soy)
2 tablespoons sunflower oil
vegan margarine, as needed Sauce:
1 cup fresh/frozen berries
1/4 cup raw sugar

What you do: 

1. For sauce, put the berries in a small saucepan and add water to halfway up the berries. Add the sugar. Simmer this mixture while you cook the crepes, until nicely reduced.
2. Sift the flour and add the baking powder, spices, sugar and salt. Stir together and add the wet ingredients. Whisk or beat until smooth.
3. Warm a frying pan over medium heat and grease it with a little margarine. Once hot, reduce heat a little and pour in about 1/2 cup crepe batter. Swirl to cover the pan base.
4. Cook until the batter is just dry, then shuffle the pan to move crepe to one side and flip with a spatula. Cook for another 1/2 minute or so. Remove crepe and repeat with the rest of the batter.
5. Roll up the crepes and place on a plate. Pour over the berry sauce, and enjoy.

Preparation Time: 
5 minutes, Cooking time: 20 minutes
Cooking Time: 
20 minutes
Servings: 
1-2
Recipe Category: 

SO HOW'D IT GO?

Finally I was able to make vegan crepes :D I used rice milk instead of soy and vegetable oil instead of sunflower oil and they turned out perfect! I used frozen blueberries for the sauce and it was delicious and pretty. I'll most definitely make these again.

0 likes

I left out the ginger and only had strawberries in hand so that's what I used for the sauce, this was the best crepe I've ever had!

0 likes

The flavor was very good, but came out too thick.  I think next time maybe add more soymilk to thin it out?  The berry sauce was good.....I added some cornstarch to thicken it...and some chocolate chips to make a chocolate berry sauce.  Yummy!

0 likes

I must say this recipe is wonderful! I also threw together some vegan cream cheese mixed with powdered sugar and a little almond milk, put some in the middle of the crepe and rolled it up! My family liked them even better that way. I have make these quite a lot.

0 likes

These were alright. All of them fell apart except for the one that was about half the thickness of a pancake. I also didn't use a berry sauce but added vanilla soy yogurt instead.

0 likes

this recipes super awesome. i had a little under a cup of flour so i added cornstarch for the rest, and a bit more dry ingredients because the batter was super liquidy, probably because i used rice milk instead of soy. turned out great otherwise and real easy to make(:

0 likes

absolutely delicious! they tasted and had the same texture as the crepes I used to make when i wasn't vegan

Ive tried a few vegan crepe recipes but this one is by far the best!

0 likes

All I can say is that you made my day.  :)>>>

0 likes

:iloveyou: Excellent! I'm so glad you enjoyed them, JB (and others)! :-* ;D

I really need to get some frozen berries and try them again myself.

Tee hee!!!  Tee hee hee!!!  Tee hee hee hee!!!  *Giggle*  :-D  Too funny!!!

I could live on these things, I tell ya what!!!  I'm thinking I'll be looking for some frozen berries on pay day also...yum!!!

0 likes

:iloveyou: Excellent! I'm so glad you enjoyed them, JB (and others)! :-* ;D

I really need to get some frozen berries and try them again myself.

0 likes

Pages