500g baby potatoes (just over 1lb)
a head of broccoli
1/2 cup raw cashews
2 cloves garlic
juice of 2 lemons
1+ teaspoon wholegrain mustard
salt and pepper

What you do: 

Seasonal veggies with a garlicious creamy cashew dressing.
Cut the broccoli into florets. Boil the potatoes in salted water, and steam the broccoli, until both are tender.
Puree the cashews in a blender with enough water to cover them. Scrape into a bowl. Finely chop or grate the garlic and add it to the bowl. Stir in the lemon juice, add as much mustard as you like and season to taste. Warm the dressing for half a minute in a microwave (unless you're a fan of raw garlic).
Drain the vegetables. Halve or quarter the potatoes and toss with the dressing until well coated. Eat!

Preparation Time: 
5 minutes, Cooking time: 30 minutes
Cooking Time: 
30 minutes
Servings: 
2-3
Recipe Category: 

SO HOW'D IT GO?

really great fast and supper easy side dish.  Made this because it sounded good, needed to use up some broccoli and needed a side dish.  I love how this taste fresh, due to the zest of the lemon.  Thanks for sharing.    

0 likes

Very good.  This is only the second sauce I've made from cashews...its different, but I like it...but I don't think I used enough lemon...couldn't taste it, but thats probably because I didn't have any fresh lemons, just the lemon juice in one of those little plastic lemon bottles...I obviously didn't put enough in.  I will definitely try again. 

0 likes

This was really good.  It was a little too lemony for me..so maybe next time I'll just add one lemon.  Super yummy though!!

0 likes