1 cup vegan yogurt
2 tablespoons lemon zest
1 tablespoon vanilla extract or rum
1 cup sugar
2 cups flour
3/4 teaspoon baking soda
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder

What you do: 

1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and grease a round cake dish.
2. Combine oil, milk, yogurt, lemon zest, vanilla extract, and sugar in one bowl. Put flour, soda, and baking powder in another bowl.
3. Add the liquid ingredients to the flour mixture and stir until just blended. Bake for 30 to 35 minutes and top with fresh fruit, powdered sugar, or frosting.

Preparation Time: 
30 minutes
Cooking Time: 
Servings: 
Recipe Category: 

SO HOW'D IT GO?

I've followed this recipe and did a few tweaks by adding chia seeds. It was delicious!!! I've shared it on my blog, take a look!

http://heyrita.co.uk/2014/07/vegan-lemon-chia-yogurt-cake/

0 likes

I love this cake! I make it again and again. It's perfectly  soft and maist. So delicious with fresh lemon and yoghurt  flavor. Thank you for sharing the recipe!

0 likes

So does anyone know what the baking time would be if this is made as muffins instead of cake? I noticed someone posted they made them as muffins instead but didn't post the baking time adjustment.

Any help would be much appreciated, thanks!

0 likes

making this right now (with a smidgen of alterations), for my birthday cake. can't wait to try it!

0 likes

I made this cake for a family get together.  Both vegans and non-vegans could not believe how delicious it was.  Great recipe! ;)b

0 likes

Very nice!  We made cupcakes with a simple lemon vegan buttercream frosting. They were perfect, moist, and rose beautifully.  The only slight problem was that I didn't realize how many lemons I would need to yield 2 TB of zest- lesson learned!  Thank you for the lovely recipe!!

0 likes

If you can, make this cake a day ahead of time. I think the texture greatly improves by the next day. I made a thin lemon icing to pour over the top. I replaced 1/4 of the vanilla with lemon extract. I like my lemon cake tart. Outrages! This is a family favorite. It does not last 24 hours around here! :)>>> Thank you, thank you!

0 likes
Anonymous

Thanks so much!  I really like it too!

0 likes

;)b
This recipe worked out great!!  I made into cupcakes for my son's birthday...he loved them.  Thanks for the recipe I will be making these again.

0 likes