6-8 peaches, sliced
1/2 cup flour
1/2 cup sugar
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 cup nondairy milk
2 tablespoons cinnamon + more to sprinkle
1/4 cup brown sugar + more to sprinkle

What you do: 

1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Melt butter in bottom of a baking dish. Add peaches.
2. Mix all other ingredients in bowl then pour over peaches. Bake for 40 minutes.
3. When cobbler is taken out of the oven, sprinkle brown sugar and cinnamon on top to lightly coat.
Serve hot or cold with or without milk.

Preparation Time: 
50 mins
Cooking Time: 
Servings: 
6-10
Recipe Category: 

SO HOW'D IT GO?

Woooow. So here's what I did:

In the batter, I put 1/4 cup brown sugar & 1/4 cup white sugar (which equals the 1/2 cup sugar called for). I also put a splash of vanilla.

Then, I took Tojo's advice and cut the butter up into pads, then placed it on top of the batter. At 35 minutes I took the cobbler out, sprinkled both brown and white sugar and cinnamon on top of the cobbler, then baked it for the remaining 5 minutes.

I didn't even let the thing cool. It was attacked right away.

I think the combination of juicy, fresh ripe peaches and the brown sugar + vanilla + cinnamon is phenomenal. I'm in a food coma. Soooooooo goooooood.

0 likes

This is a good easy recipe. I used a can of apple pie filling that I had left over from the holidays instead of peached. Replace the white flour with whole wheat flour. Might reduce the sugar next time but overall it is definately a recipe to keep. Yum!

0 likes

This was easy and yummy. I prefer more of a crust on my cobblers so I may not make this particular recipe again, but if you're looking for something that takes less than five minutes to throw together and then toss in the oven, this is pretty good.

0 likes

For a doughier crust, we added about 1/8 cup more flour and 1/2 cup of oats.  We topped it with some soy ice cream, and it was yummy  ;)b

0 likes

This was a good recipe. I only had two peaches so I tried to cut the ingredients as best I could, but I might have added a little too much cinnamon and brown sugar on top. I did put it back in the oven for 2 minutes after I added the topping to brown it a little. I also added some agave nectar to the milk, flour, sugar mixture.

0 likes

Great recipe! Instead of mixing the butter into the flour mixture, I used an old trick of my grandma's-- Mix the dry ingredients and pour evenly over the peaches. Place thin pats of the margarine all over the top.  Don't stir!  Just bake.
;)b

0 likes