You are here

Member since June 2008

Egg-free Crepes

What you need: 

1 cup flour
4 tablespoons corn starch
1 cup plus about 2 tablespoons nondairy milk (I use soy)
1/4 teaspoon salt, optional
1/4 teaspoon cinnamon, optional
vegan buttery spread, for cooking (I use Earth Balance)

What you do: 

1. In a bowl, use a hand or stand mixer to blend together all of the ingredients, except buttery spread until completely smooth. Alternatively, put all ingredients except buttery spread into a blender or food processor and blend until completely smooth.
2. In a nonstick pan over medium heat, melt enough buttery spread to cover the bottom of the pan. After spread has melted, pour about 1/4 cup of crepe batter into the pan and use a spatula to spread it into a thin layer that covers the entire pan. Work quickly to make sure that the batter doesn't get cooked into a thicker pancake before you can spread it.
3. Cook for about 1 1/2 minutes or until the crepe begins to curl up a little at the edges. Use a spatula to flip the crepe and cook the other side for about 30 seconds more.
4. Remove crepe from pan and fill with your filling of choice (banana slices with vegan chocolate chips, fruit preserves with soy cream cheese, and simply melted buttery spread and powdered sugar). Repeat until all crepe batter is used up and enjoy!

Preparation Time: 
10-15 minutes
Cooking Time: 
Servings: 
Recipe Category: 

SO HOW'D IT GO?

Once I altered the recipe, the crepes came out amazing. I found the batter to be too thick for crepes so I added an additional 1/2 cup of non dairy milk. With this the crepes came out beautifully. When I make this again, I would probably just cut the cornstarch in half and not add the extra non dairy milk. I stuffed half of mine with pumpkin butter and chopped bananas and the other half with fake cream cheese and red raspberry jam. The were soooo delicious and my nonveg mother loved them!

0 likes

Hello all.. quick question, can WW pastry flour be used, in part, in this recipe? I Am thinking 1/2 unbleached all-purpose and 1/2 WW pastry.

Thanks...

0 likes

simple and soooo yummy!  added a smidge of vanilla : )

0 likes

OMG! These are perfect! I was looking for a recipe to recreate my grandpa's super delicious crepes he used to make for me when I was a tiny child (sans eggs and milk of course). These are absolutely perfect! Thanks you a million billion times!

I used whole wheat/spelt flour and added about 2T of flax seeds to the blender. Filled one with strawberry/apple butter I made and the other with tofutti cream cheese. Next time I'll do what my grandpa did and cover them with powdered sugar and boysenberry syrup.

Damn I love crepes so much. This recipe made 4.5 giant crepes.

0 likes

SO good!  I filled mine with strawberries and soy yogurt!

0 likes

These are great!  I filled them with Tofutti Better Than Sour Cream, sliced bananas, and chocolate chips.  See my photos!

0 likes

;)b I have never made crepes before but had them twice. These are delish and easy. I rolled them up mix buttercreame icing and grape jam. Yummy! My kids devoured them.

0 likes