1 can straw mushrooms, halved
1 large onion, sliced
1 cup pineapple, diced
3 cloves garlic, minced
10 leaves basil, julienned
1 1/2 tablespoons hot pepper flakes or 1 habanero pepper, minced

What you do: 

Dough:
Combine dry ingredients (except corn meal). In a separate bowl combine yeast and water and mix until dissolved. Let the yeast get frothy, about 10 minutes. Add the oil and garlic to yeast mixture, then add the wet to the dry. Knead for a few minutes then roll out into a pizza shape. Grease a pan and dust with cornmeal. Bake on 450F for 5-10 minutes or until firm to the touch.
Sauce:
Combine all ingredients for sauce. Heat to boil then lower to a simmer and cook while you prepare toppings. If its too thick add a little more stock.
Pizza:
Take dough out of the oven and cover with the sauce. Layer all of the toppings in order listed. Cook for 20 minutes at 450F. Slice and enjoy! :)
It is also good with some crumbled tofu added on as a topping.

Preparation Time: 
1 hour
Cooking Time: 
Servings: 
Recipe Category: 

SO HOW'D IT GO?

I made this recently and I fell in love with it!  I then made a 4x batch of the sauce and froze for later use so I can make these a lot faster.  I'm also going to try using the sauce on pasta.

0 likes

This pizza is SOOO good.  I used my own crust, and just button mushrooms, red bell pepper, crushed pineapple, chopped olives, and some vegan mozzarella cheez for the toppings.  It definitely gets better as the pizza cools and sets. ;)b

0 likes

I am really intruiged by this recipe. Must get some NY.

0 likes