You are here

Member since December 2007

Perfect Chocolate Fudge

What you need: 

6 tablespoons dairy-free margarine
3 1/2 cup powdered sugar
1/2 cup cocoa
1/2 cup soymilk
1 teaspoon vanilla (use less if using vanilla soymilk)
1 cup peanut butter chips OR chopped walnuts

What you do: 

- Melt all ingredients except peanut butter chips or walnuts in double broiler.
- Line Pyrex baking dish with wax paper and spray with non-stick cooking spray.
* If using walnuts:
- stir in walnuts and pour into dish
- store in the fridge overnight
* If using peanut butter chips:
- pour mixture into dish
- top with peanut butter chips
- use a skewer to swirl through fudge until marbley (optional)
- store in the fridge overnight
ENJOY :)

Preparation Time: 
20 minutes
Cooking Time: 
Servings: 
Recipe Category: 

SO HOW'D IT GO?

Btw, even w/out the confectioners sugar, it hardened nicely on the ice cream. (I didn't measure though)

0 likes

Mmmm. I used agave because I don't use cane, but I just used it as hot fudge on coconut bliss and it was soooOOooo tasty. :) thanks.

0 likes

This fudge is GREAT! I'm taking it to my sister's for Christmas dinner.

The suggestion to use more cocoa (3/4 cup) was right on. And remember to save the vanilla until AFTER the other ingredients are melted together (otherwise it won't thicken because of the alcohol in the vanilla extract).

0 likes

Although this fudge tastes great, it didn't harden.  So, I will continue searching for a vegan fudge recipe that actually sets  ^-^.

0 likes

I don't know what I did wrong, but mine is more like frosting than fudge.  It is amazingly good nonetheless.  Next time, I will add even more cocoa (I added 3/4 cup instead of 1/2), and a little less soymilk.

0 likes

I just put this in the fridge! I cut it in half, and used peanuts instead and the batter is SO good! I don't know how I'm going to wait for it to set...

Mine also has a few flecks of green, but thats because I had to use a blender instead of a food processor. I don't mind though, it tastes AMAZING.

0 likes

ooooom yum.
tell me, where do you find vegan peanutbutter chips?

0 likes