1/2-1 tablespoon sweetener
1 1/2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
1-3 tablespoons spicy red chili sauce
4 tablespoons peanut butter
1 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
8 green onions, sliced
handful chopped peanuts, to garnish, optional

What you do: 

1. Cook noodles in large pot of boiling, salted water until just tender. For sauce, whisk sesame oil, soy sauce, sweetener, vinegar, chili sauce, and peanut butter.
2. Drain and rinse noodles when done. Using tongs, toss noodles with sauce.
3. Add cilantro and green onions. Garnish with peanuts, if desired.
This can be served cold or hot.

Preparation Time: 
10 minutes, Cooking time: 15-20 minutes
Cooking Time: 
15-20 minutes
Servings: 
Recipe Category: 

SO HOW'D IT GO?

I really liked this. Someone had suggested adding a bag of broccoli slaw, lightly stir-fried. I did that, and it was a good addition. Added a nice crunch. Also, I added the juice of half a lime, which was good, too, and half a can of coconut milk, which was another commenter's suggestion. I really think it would have been too dry without the coconut milk addition. No one else in my house liked it (they don't like cilantro - go figure!) so I ate it for several days. And never got tired of it. It's really that good.

0 likes

This is really good! I used regular white vinegar and no cilantro and it is still really good! I've never been much of a soba person (I prefer udon), and I've never had a peanut sauce, but man this is delicious!

0 likes

This was really good, but a little salty! And I didn't even use any salt, just the soy sauce, I imagine if I had done that it'd be absolutely inedible D:. Next time I'll half the soy sauce and add a bit of soy milk. I added some kale to it as well, really nice mixed in with the noodles :)

0 likes

awesome! i smells kind of nasty then i ate it and was amazed! I used hot sauce mixed w/ chili powder for the chili sauce. :) mmmmmmmm....

0 likes

Sooo good, but too spicy for me. Next time, I'll use half as much of the red chili sauce.

0 likes

SUPER tasty!! i will definitely be adding coconut milk next time. also brocolli. the crushed peanutes on the top are essential! thank you for the amazing dish, it will be a staple for sure...fun to play around with, and SOOOO fast to make!

0 likes

This didn't really work out for me. I used rice needles and cooked the sauce in a wok on low heat. I like my sauce really spicy, so I ended up having to add a *lot* of chilli sauce, because it tasted kind of bland. This recipe came out tasting a bit too heavy, and I find that it didn't really work with the green onions. Kinda disappointed. I think it would taste good with maybe some garlic? Glad it worked out for everyone else though.

0 likes

I want this in my mouth right now.

0 likes

Delicious.....thanks AC.
I used angel hair pasta, didn't measure anything, left out the cilantro (as I always do) and it was great!  Next time I will probably add a little soy or coconut milk to the sauce to make it a little bit creamier and try chunky PB. 

0 likes

OH MY WORD!!!  I just made the sauce, cooking the pasta right now.  My husband is a huge fan of peanut sauces, I have never been.  However, I cannot stop eating this sauce!  I doubled the recipe, used coconut milk, and no chili sauce, instead seasoning paprika and chili powder.  I used Pear vinegar.  It is INSANELY tasty, my husband is going to FLIP. 

Thanks!!!
:o

0 likes

Pages