You are here

Member since February 2008

Almond, Oatmeal, Chocolate Chip Cookies

What you need: 

1 cup raw almond butter
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract(I use the Watkins brand)
1/4-1/2 cup pure maple syrup
1/4 cup brown sugar (I use a natural and organic brand)
1/2 cup dairy free semi-sweet chocolate chips
1/4 -1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
1 1/2 cups rolled oats (rolled oats are like quaker oats, only they're raw)
1 small cup of water

What you do: 

Mix the vanilla extract and maple syrup in with the almond butter. Mix it very well. Add the brown sugar and the applesauce and mix this. Now add the chocolate chips and mix again. You will now have what you would call a very, very moist and sticky dough like substance. This is where the oats come in. I really didn't do a lot of measuring because I was simply putting things in and guessing the measurements.
I came up with 1 1/2 cups of rolled oats, but if you think it needs more or you would like a thicker cookie then you may add more.
Once you've done this, get out a couple of dehydrator sheets. You will have to put a solid sheet on top of the original sheet because these will be so moist that they may fall through any open holes or cracks.
Now take a cookie dough scoop or a small spoon and spoon a small portion onto a dehydrator sheet. This is the part where the small cup of water comes in. You will need a fork to lightly dip in the cup of water and then press and form the dough into a cookie shape. If you don't use the water, the dough will stick to the fork and make a mess.
Fill the dehydrator sheet/sheets with lots of small cookies and press with the fork. After this is all done, set the dehydrator to 95 degrees and dehydrate for 48-72 hours. You will want to gently turn them over after about 6-10 hours. You should make sure that you continue turning them over so that both sides get done.
After they are finished let them cool and then place in and airtight container or ziploc baggy. They get more flavorful, firm, and chewy as they sit.
They make for a wonderful snack and if can avoid eating them, they will last quite a while. Hope you enjoy!

Preparation Time: 
Cooking Time: 
Servings: 
Recipe Category: 

SO HOW'D IT GO?

this looks like a really creative recipe! its like half raw half treatises!

one note/correction: rolled oats are not a raw Foote are rolled using steam/heat. if one wanted to sub in a truly raw food, look for oat grouts and soak them before adding. uncooked rolled oats are tasty though...we eat them at my house!

Thank you for the correction, Baypuppy!  I had no idea!  I didn't even know that someone commented on my page!  Do you have any suggestions on where I can get the "real" raw rolled oats? 

0 likes