You are here

Member since November 2006

*Almost* Good for You Truffles

What you need: 

1 cup peanut butter (almond works good too, if you're a big spender)
1/2 cup sliced almonds
4 Tablespoons maple syrup or agave
1/4 cup chocolate OR carob chips
1/4 cup chopped dates
1/4 cup cocoa powder OR carob powder

What you do: 

Place everything into a big bowl and mix well. Form mixture into 1 inch balls (I like to use an oiled melon baller for this), and roll in cocoa powder. Eat immediately or allow them to harden in the fridge. Doesn't sound like much, but they are SO yummy! They also look really cute in mini paper liners. :D
** Feel free to get crazy with what you roll it in. Past rolling experiments of mine have included coconut, rainbow sprinkles, icing sugar, cocoa and cinnamon, cocoa and chili, chopped candied cherries, chopped peanuts... you get the idea!

Preparation Time: 
30 mins
Cooking Time: 
Servings: 
25-30
Recipe Category: 

SO HOW'D IT GO?

These were so easy and so good! My dad, who is very reluctant to eat any sort of vegan foods (yes, even desserts  ::)), has eaten half the batch.  :) I halved the recipe because I didn't want to use up all my peanut butter, I used walnuts instead of almonds, and I used honey because I didn't have agave or maple syrup. Oh, and I added shredded coconut and also rolled them in shredded coconut 'cause I freakin love coconut. Anyway, awesome recipe, thanks!  ;)b

0 likes

this sounds yummy and easy to make.  cant wait to get to the store tomorow and pick up a few things to make them. 

0 likes