2 cloves garlic, diced
1 small piece fresh ginger, diced
salt, to taste
garlic granules, to taste
1 cup veggie oil, for frying, divided
1 (12 ounce) package frozen spring roll sheets
2 tablespoons pickled ginger, diced

What you do: 

1. Marinate tofu in bragg's or tamari. Mix cabbage, carrots, onions, garlic, and ginger in a large bowl. Add the salt and garlic granules.
2. Fry the tofu in a frying pan with some of the oil until golden brown. Pat the oil off, then add the tofu to veggies.
3. Lay the spring roll sheets out 1 at a time, and place 2 1/2 tablespoons veggie mix in the middle of the sheet. Fold one corner of the sheet to the center then fold down 2 other corners where it looks like an envelope.
4. Roll the sheet until there is 1 corner left. Dab a little water on that corner to make the spring roll stick together. In a frying pan, add 5 tablespoons oil. When it's ready, add 3 rolls at a time.
5. When 1 side is golden, roll to another side until all side are golden brown. Pat dry, and continue with all rolls. Serve with pickled ginger.

Preparation Time: 
30 mins
Cooking Time: 
Servings: 
10-15
Recipe Category: 

SO HOW'D IT GO?

These are definitely somethng to add to my list of yummy vegan recipes.  I used a different combo of veggies because that's what I had in the fridge.....spinach, bell pepper, parsnip and zucchini.  My family is still Tofu shy so I put it through the food processor to make the pieces small enough to be barely noticeable.  YUM ;)b

0 likes

This was pretty good.

Even with the frying, the tofu stays pretty moist, so the filling isn't dry or anything. I thought the pickled ginger would be kind of weird, but I barely noticed it.

It was kind of difficult to get these to a uniform shape, and it would probably be easier if there were noodles in the filling as well.

We had them with peanut sauce.

0 likes