You are here

Member since August 2007

Cinnamon Apple Empanada Filling

What you need: 

2-3 tablespoons vegan margarine
6 apples, peeled and chopped finely (I use organic Gala or Fuji)
1/2 cup brown sugar
cinnamon, to taste

What you do: 

1. Heat margarine on medium heat until melted.
2. Add apples, brown sugar, and cinnamon and cook until brown sugar is syrupy and the apples are tender.
Use The Best Ever Vegan Empanada Dough recipe on this website for the rest. So delicious! and freezable. I make several batches at one time and then freeze them.

Preparation Time: 
10 minutes
Cooking Time: 
Servings: 
4-6

SO HOW'D IT GO?

Just made this filling. yummy and so easy. The hardest part was peeling the apples. This was quick and easy and it taste great.

0 likes

I made these with wonton skins and formed little "purses" (they cooked the best in my deep fryer like this) but thought they were kind of plain so I quickly whipped up 1/2 of the caramel topping from this recipe: http://vegweb.com/index.php?topic=22283.0 which was AMAZING!!! I would recommend making the caramel first and adding about 1 t cornstarch and letting it sit out while your making the empanada filling because it thickens as it sits.

0 likes

I made spring rolls for lunch and had some left over wrappers, so I made this filling and made little apple rolls.  Really good and simple  ;)b

0 likes

this was good but makes a whole helluva lotta filling. i halved the recipe and it was still too much to fill the dough (using the suggested dough recipe). threw the leftovers into some oatmeal the next morning and i was one satisfied vegan.

0 likes