1-2 poblano chiles, roasted, peeled and diced
1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes , drained
1 bunch cilantro, roughly chopped
1 (15 ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed
1 tablespoon ground cumin
1 teaspoon oregano leaf
1-2 tablespoons chipotle in adobo, pureed or mashed
salt, to taste
6-12 ounces vegan sour cream, optional (I used 9 ounces Tofutti Better Than Sour Cream)
9 (6") corn tortillas
1 (16 ounce) can green enchilada sauce, divided

What you do: 

1. Preheat oven to 500 degrees F. Toss zucchini, onion, and corn with a very small amount of oil (just enough to barely coat veggies), and roast in oven until onions start to brown. I actually like mine a bit burnt. You could also grill them. Lightly oil a pan for enchiladas.
2. Turn down oven to 350 degrees F. Mix chik'n, chiles, onions, corn, zucchini, drained tomatoes, cumin, cilantro, beans, cumin, oregano, chipotle and salt. Stir in vegan sour cream.
3. Heat up a very small amount of oil in a pan and quickly saute each side of the corn tortillas, just heating through. (or warm in microwave)
4. Dip the tortillas in the enchilada sauce, stuff with filling and put them in prepared pan. Top with more sauce. Bake at 350 degrees F for about 30 minutes.
I topped mine with fresh tomato and green onion when they came out of the oven. This recipe would actually make 2 pans of enchiladas, but I love the filling so much, that I made 1 pan enchiladas, and use the rest of the filling for quesadillas, and a tasty southwest chicken salad. Roasting or grilling the vegetables is a bit of extra work well worth the time. It gives them so much more flavor.
Source of recipe: This recipe comes from http://veganschmeganz.blogspot.com/ and is reprinted with permission.

Preparation Time: 
45 minutes
Cooking Time: 
Servings: 
4-6
Recipe Category: 

SO HOW'D IT GO?

I love the way you write and share your niche! Very interesting and different! Keep it coming! Amazing news

0 likes

Everyone loves what you guys are usually up too. This type of clever work and exposure! Keep up the wonderful works guys I’ve added you guys to my blogroll.

Crossy Road Hack

0 likes

Thanks for sharing the info, keep up the good work going.... I really enjoyed exploring your site. good resource... live news channels

0 likes

Very useful post. This is my first time i visit here. I found so many interesting stuff in your blog especially its discussion. Really its great article. Keep it up. health news

0 likes

I felt very happy while reading this site. This was really very informative site for me. I really liked it. This was really a cordial post. Thanks a lot!. showbiz news

0 likes

hi was just seeing if you minded a comment. i like your website and the thme you picked is super. I will be back. technology news

0 likes

Thanks for sharing the info, keep up the good work going.... I really enjoyed exploring your site. good resource... Clash of clans hack android

0 likes

I am a newborn vegan and am enjoying trying new recipes....I LOVED these enchiladas.....so did my kids! I am going to try them on my husband who refuses to try most of my vegan recipes....he will NEVER know these are vegan....I think they tasted better than the real thing......hehehehehe :)

0 likes

These were soo delicious!!  My husband who is weary of my vegan cooking loved them also!

0 likes

Wow this was GOOD! Ummmmm ummmmm!

Of course, I didn't follow the recipe exactly, who does? Instead of raosting the veggies I sauteed them in a cast iron skillet (for sake of time). And instead of a can of tomatoes I just whirled a homegrown tomato in the blender and threw that in there, of course, it came out a bit juicy, but that is okay. I used chick'n strips, can't remember which brand but they were vegan, and pretty tasteless in their own, but when combined with this recipe they were awesome, exactly like chicken! As a converted omni, I have been craving meat the past few days, and this hit the spot perfectly! I added a can of black beans, but next time I may add two. I used regular flour tortillas instead of corn tortillas. I also put a nice thick layer of shredded cheddar Daiya cheese on top. Not only did the chick'n satisfy my tastebuds which have been craving real chicken, but my dairy craving ebbed with all the creamy diaya I put on top. GREAT recipe, definately one I will be making again. One of the best vegan recipes I have had yet. Thanks!

I think I may feed this one to my omni father when he comes to visit next month. I will fool him, he will think it is chicken, he he he.

0 likes

Pages