Member since July 2007

Chocolate Mint Zucchini Cookies

What you need: 

3 cups whole wheat flour
2 teaspoons baking soda
1/4 cup cocoa
2 tablespoons oil
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 & 1/2 cups turbinado sugar (or other granulated sweetener)
2 & 1/2 cups (3/8 lb.) zucchini grated finely (use a food processor or even a regular cheese grater)
1 teaspoon peppermint extract
1 cup chopped walnuts (optional)

What you do: 

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
Mix dry ingredients (flour, baking soda, salt & cocoa) together in a bowl.
In a separate bowl use a mixer and beat together the oil, sugar, zucchini & peppermint extract. Add the bowl of dry ingredients to the mixer bowl and beat everything together until smooth. If desired, fold in the walnuts.
Drop tablespoonfuls onto cookie sheets and bake for about 12 minutes.
Done!
I love these! Kids love them too! If you've got TONS of zucchini and want to do two batches, try a batch preparing same as above, but substitute vanilla extract for the peppermint. Mmmmm.

Preparation Time: 
20-25 minutes
Cooking Time: 
Servings: 
Recipe Category: 

SO HOW'D IT GO?

Hi, visited your site before, but I can not say I've come across while surfing the internet sites and Mirc Oyun tubidy Mynet Mynet Sohbet Sohbet Chat Sohbet Odaları Mirc Blog Portal Güzel Sözler Oyun Eski Mynet Sohbet Mynet Mynet Sohbet  Mynet Sohbet Mynet Sohbet Mirc Mynet Sohbet Mynet Sohbet Mynet Sohbet now we get to see the information I needed. First of all thank you for it. Other than that I am adding your web site and post your favorites uses then be my chance to follow in an orderly manner. 

0 likes

ok i made it except I had to add almond milk cause it was dry. maybe cause i didnt use a mixer to mix those ingredients like it said i was lazy. and i didnt have mint so i had to use almond extract and no nuts and i cooked it like a cake. i think its good except a little odd if you arent use to it. plus i used butter to instead of oil which was not so perfect i guess. maybe thats why. i am trying to get away from oil but at times i think its easier then using butter. maybe i should of used apple sauce. next time i will remember oil and applesauce are the exchange their.

0 likes

ok i made it except I had to add almond milk cause it was dry. maybe cause i didnt use a mixer to mix those ingredients like it said i was lazy. and i didnt have mint so i had to use almond extract and no nuts and i cooked it like a cake. i think its good except a little odd if you arent use to it. plus i used butter to instead of oil which was not so perfect i guess. maybe thats why. i am trying to get away from oil but at times i think its easier then using butter. maybe i should of used apple sauce. next time i will remember oil and applesauce are the exchange their.

0 likes

awesome you can make the muffins. I am gonna make them a cake cause i use a toaster oven and cookies are harder to make in it since it takes so long to cook a few cookies. I already got my zucinni yesterday. super excited. I love zucinni in cake or bread so i know this receipe is going to be so good. I'll let you know how they turn out.

0 likes

Mde  exactly... this is a real keeper!

0 likes

My partner and I made these last night, and were very happy with them.  We made a few slight adjustments.  Instead of mint extract, we used orange extract.  Instead of walnuts, we used chocolate chips.  They came out great, smelled delicious while cooking too.  And were super easy to make!  But they seem more like a muffin top, or a cross between brownie and cake-like than a cookie.  Either way, it's all good.  Never thought of having a zucchini cookie before!

i had the same experience... i put half of mine in a muffin tin and those were the best of the two!

try making them into muffins... yummy!

0 likes

My partner and I made these last night, and were very happy with them.  We made a few slight adjustments.  Instead of mint extract, we used orange extract.  Instead of walnuts, we used chocolate chips.  They came out great, smelled delicious while cooking too.  And were super easy to make!  But they seem more like a muffin top, or a cross between brownie and cake-like than a cookie.  Either way, it's all good.  Never thought of having a zucchini cookie before!

0 likes

i added egg replacer to this because i never have any luck with cookies without it (they tend to spread EVERYWHERE).  i knew that when i did that, i might end up altering the recipe into more of a muffin one... which is what happened.

the first batch of "cookies" came out more like small cakes, so i put the rest of it in muffin tins and it worked out beautifully!  i now have "chocolate mint zucchini (uh-oh i made) muffins"!  they are quite yummy, although maybe they need a tad more sweetness.

i used whole wheat pastry flour.  because of the egg replacer (4 1/2 teaspoons ener g egg replacer with 6 tablespoons of very warm water, beaten for three minutes... equivalent of 3 eggs) i needed extra flour at the end of the recipe.  i think that's why it needs a little more sweetness.

i used melted butter for the oil.

i beat the egg replacer, then (in a separate bowl) i mixed together the sugar, mint, and about half a teaspoon of vanilla.  then i added the zucchini to the sugar mixture.  once that was blended, i added the egg replacer and beat it with my electric mixer.  after that, i followed the recipe directions and added the flour mixture, spooned it out, and baked it.

for the muffins, i added about one or two minutes extra for the baking time.

these were really good.  i will try it sometime with the actual directions and see if i get cookies instead.  haha.  :D

thanks for the recipe!

0 likes
0 likes