You are here

Member since May 2007

Avocado-Olive Oil Intensive Conditioner

What you need: 

1 avocado
1 tablespoon olive oil

What you do: 

Mash together olive oil and avocado.
Apply to hair, wrap in a plastic bag and let sit for at least 30 minutes.
Rinse and shampoo as normal.

Preparation Time: 
3 minutes
Cooking Time: 
Servings: 
Recipe Category: 

SO HOW'D IT GO?

This was awesome, worked way better than I thought it would. My ends were a little dry though but that might mean that I need a trim.

0 likes

I have a question, and it may be stupid. I don't claim to educated in the ways of beauty at all; however, I'm trying to learn. I conditioned my hair after I washed out the mixture... should I not have done that? I'm still waiting for it to dry. I'm trying to make my hair shinier.

0 likes

After I bought an avocado, I waited until it was very ripe before using it for this recipe.  It was very soft -almost like butter at room's temperature.  I used a hand mixer to combine the avocado and olive oil.  It made the mixture very smooth, like a heavy mousse.  I think mixing it up with a blender would solve any problems with chunks and bits in the avocado.  My hair didn't smell like avocado after I shampooed it, and it was very soft and shiny.
Overall, I say give it a shot!

0 likes

Great recipe but my hair is highly textured so I must strain the avocado.
sometimes I add a banana(also strained) and/or some coconut milk.

0 likes

I tried this on my hair two nights ago, and it didn't really do much. Maybe it was because I had to shampoo twice to get all the avocado bits out? If anything, my hair was a little bit shinier. I don't know if I'd do this again. :-\

0 likes

I tried this recipe last night after buying a bag of cheap, inedible avocados that were still good enough to use for my hair.  I didn't use the olive oil and my hair turned out really soft and shiny today.  I can't stop touching it!  I didn't mash the avocado well enough so it was a little clumpy and I think that the olive oil would've made it a bit easier.  Also, my hair smelled like avocado afterwards, which was fine but a couple drops of essential oil would make it smell more appealing.

0 likes