handful of chopped parsley
1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
3 tablespoons lemon juice
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon curry powder
3 tablespoons oil
cayenne pepper to taste

What you do: 

In a skillet fry mushrooms in oil for about 2 minutes or until soft. Add zucchini slices and green onions and cook, stirring, for about 1 minute.
Put cooked veggies into a large bowl and combine with cooked rice, bell pepper and parsley.
For dressing, combine balsamic vinegar, lemon juice, salt, curry powder, oil and cayenne. Pour over rice mixture and toss well.
Cover and chill.

Preparation Time: 
15 min
Cooking Time: 
Servings: 
Recipe Category: 

SO HOW'D IT GO?

This sounded like it would be delicious, but it didn't really do it for me.
However, I did use couscous instead of regular rice and I didn't have any fresh parsley, so I used dried.  Otherwise I followed the recipe completely. 
It wasn't bad, just kinda flavorless. 
Maybe it would have been better if I let it sit in the fridge longer, like the other reviewer said.

0 likes

:) I really enjoy this recipe. I've made a couple different variations of it now, so long as you follow the spices you can change up the veggies. Also, Both me and my boyfriend are not fans of mushrooms so I replaced them by frying some tiny bits of tofu with a dash of soy sauce. Another time I used smoked tofu in tiny slices just thrown in there(not fried). I served it to my brother and my best friend (both non-veggies) and they were big fans. Its best if left over night I found. Awesome as a light dinner on a hot summer night. thanks for this one!

0 likes