What you need: 

6 tablespoons cocoa
1/4 cup vegan soy butter or you could even use vegetable or olive oil
1 cup sugar (can use maple syrup)
1/2 teaspoon vanilla essence
1/3 cup flour (any flour- experiment)
1 or 2 bananas

What you do: 

Preheat oven to 180 degrees C / 350 degrees F. Melt soy butter (in microwave if lazy like me or float bowl of butter in bowl of hot water or heat in saucepan).
I don't have an electric mixer and I prefer not to have lumpy mix so I add all the dry ingredients to a bowl and make a well before adding all of the other ingredients. Mix it all up.
Oil up whatever you have to bake it in- I use a square baking tray that is about 5cm thick.
Pour in the mixture and bake 30-40 minutes.
I never look at the time it takes because I am usually doing other things but when they are ready you will smell them and depending on what texture you want (soft or crunchy) then you just have to stick a knife in and decide if it is to your liking.
Cut into pieces while still hot and put on a different plate or wire tray to cool a bit. They are beautiful when still hot but be careful- they are incredibly addictive and incredibly sweet.
Enjoy.

Preparation Time: 
about an hour
Cooking Time: 
Servings: 
Recipe Category: 

SO HOW'D IT GO?

hmm sorry to hear that kmsage. I have never had to use more flour but I recently (after posting this recipe) realised that i made a mistake with the amount of cocoa and I have been measuring with a 1/2 tbsp spoon not a whole one. So in short: USE 3 TBSP COCOA, 6 is too rich.

0 likes

This recipe did not work for me. I think you need to add a little more flour and use at least 2 bananas. My brownies were a hard sticky mess, impossible to eat.

0 likes