5 to 6 ounces raw spinach
3 large cloves garlic
2 to 3 tablespoons lemon juice
Salt, to taste
Pepper, to taste
1 medium tomato
5 or 6 baby portabella mushrooms

What you do: 

1) In a food processor, blend the spinach and avocado very well. Add garlic, lemon juice, salt, pepper and tomato and blend thoroughly. Add mushrooms and pulse to combine, leaving the mushrooms a bit chunky.
This is great to keep for several days, and is great as both a spread and a dip!

Preparation Time: 
30 minutes
Cooking Time: 
Servings: 

SO HOW'D IT GO?

followed the recipe exactly. absolutely amazing! this is an excellent raw dip/spread

0 likes

made this omitting the mushrooms, too, but added the sprinkle of sesame seeds at the end.  i thought it was super-yummy and didn't mind the lemon one bit.  i did have some pretty kickin' garlic breath after eating this, but it was worth it!  this is a yummy, yummy snack!

0 likes

HANDS-DOWN!!!!!De-lish

0 likes

Looks and sounds really good! I will definitely try this (probably without the mushrooms as well), and let you know how it turns out.

0 likes

kind of guacamole (hope i spell it right). imo, the lemons ruins it all. a prefer vinegar. the taste was very fresh and weed-like and the colour was delightful. didn't have the mushrooms, and didn't miss them. served on toast with cherry tomatoes. i sprinkled it with sesame seeds later and WOW.. =}

0 likes

Mmmmm this looks delicious. I will definitely make this when I get the ingredients.

0 likes