all organic ingredients:
1 cup unbleached all purpose flour
1¾ cups whole wheat flour
1½ teaspoon ground ginger
1½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon baking soda
½ teaspoon sea salt (fine grain)
¾ cup melted Earth Balance
¾ cup Sucanat (adjust to your preference)-- personally this isn't too sweet, nor too bland
substitution for 1 egg, prepared. (I used bobs red mill egg replacer)
¾ cup unsulphured molasses
--optional-- Sucanat for sprinkling

What you do: 

Preheat oven to 350°Fahrenheit. Lightly spritz canola oil on surface of baking sheet.
In a bowl, whisk flour, ginger, cinnamon, baking soda, and salt together; set aside.
In a separate large bowl, beat Earth Balance and Sucanat until fluffiness occurs.
Mix in egg replacer and molasses.
Beat in dry ingredient mixture, half at a time.
Drop dough in balls of your preference onto the baking sheet(s).
Sprinkle with Sucanat if you plan to.
Bake about 10-12 minutes or until the edges are about set but the middle of cookie is still soft.
Let stand about 5 minutes on the baking sheet(s) before moving to wire rack to cool completely.
Try not to devour the entire recipe in one sitting, spread the cookie love around to everyone! Enjoy.

Preparation Time: 
10 minutes
Cooking Time: 
Servings: 
Recipe Category: 

SO HOW'D IT GO?

Made these today, I substituted stevia for the sugar, oat flour for all the flour, a flax egg, and canned pumpkin for the earth balance. They were delicious, thank you 

0 likes

I made a few substitutions and they came out alright... not as crisp as I would have liked.

In place of the margarine, I put in an equal amount of applesauce. Also, I didn't have ground ginger so I diced up some candied ginger cubes and cut back on the sugar a tad to compensate.

They ended up a little puffy, like mini cakes, and are tasty but not amazing.
I think I'll try again and not cut so many corners next time!

0 likes

omggg:) hehe. this was amazing! the cookies are still in the oven.. but because the batter was so good i felt the need to tell everyone about itXD this might just be the first good gingerbread cookies i've made!:)

0 likes

Oh my goodness! Amazing! I baked these as stated but added a little nutmeg and it was delicious...I had to send a little over half of the batch to my mom so I didn't eat them all! She got them after a couple days still chewy and soft, she agreed they were awesome  8-)

0 likes
0 likes

These are so delicious! More sugar than I'm used to though so I'll have to use less the next time I make them. Other than that, these were probably the best cookies I've eaten ever.

0 likes

;)b Best cookies EVER!! I can't get enough they are so addicting!

0 likes

they were amazing!  i made them with ground ginger and crystallized ginger, and they were delish!  my housemates, none of whom are vegan, all ate multiple in one sitting, including the one who doesn't like dessert.  i followed the recipe exactly except for the crystallized ginger, and i kind of guesstimated with the flour so there may have been a little extra, and i didn't think there was anything weird about them texture-wise, as some other reviews stated.  these were easy to make and delicious, and i will definitely be making them again.

also, for you non-vegans: my friend made these with butter and egg for what i'm told was also a delicous result.

0 likes

;)bThis is a seriously delicious cookie!!!! I just made them and it is really hard to not eat them all!

I think I'm in love... :)>>>

I substituted the Earth Balance for unsweetened applesauce and used flax egg replacer. They turned really fluffy, more muffin-like. However, I really really like it. I will probably use a bit more ginger and cinnamon since I love those spices a lot!

This has inspired me to try to create a molasses bread. Mmmm.... ::)

0 likes

Oh! forgot to ask: Is the earth balance suppose to be melted? Will it be fluffy when you beat it with sugar then? Just wondering  ;)

0 likes

Pages