3 garlic cloves, minced
1/2 cup carrots, cut thin
2 cans cooked lentils
3/4 cup no-chicken broth
salt & pepper to taste
Spike! seasoning to taste
1 tablespoon olive oil

What you do: 

Heat olive oil in a 2 quart saucepan. Add salt, pepper, onion, garlic and carrots.
Stir and cover until carrots are slightly tender and onions are translucent.
Stir in the lentils and Spike! seasoning, let simmer for 5 minutes and add broth. Simmer for another five minutes and enjoy!

Preparation Time: 
15 minutes
Cooking Time: 
Servings: 
Recipe Category: 

SO HOW'D IT GO?

This is definitely quick. I used 2 tsp. of an Italian seasoning blend in place of the Spike, but will probably use 1.5 tsp. if I make it again. I pureed it and served it over veggie pasta.

0 likes

i pureed it and it was yummy :)

0 likes

Two cans or two cups? This prepares a large amount then! Enough work leftovers for a week!

0 likes

This is lovelyy.  I used red split lentils and boiled them for 10 minutes beforehand; plus bouillon powder in place of spike.

thanks!

0 likes

Hi,
Spike! is a "Gourmet Natural Seasoning" that has just about every kind of spice on the planet in it... to name just a few, sea salt, toasted onion, orange powder, celery leaf powder, garlic powder, dill, kelp, Indian curry, and a lot more. I'm sure if you have a basic all=-purpose seasoning it would do the same thing. I use Spike! because it's got a lot of kick and personality. You can find it at the "House of Nutrition" web-site if you want to try it.

Enjoy!

0 likes

What's Spike!?  I'm in the UK so things like this are cool to know to work out what I could sub. thanks

0 likes