1 teaspoon chili powder
1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
3 cups frozen or fresh spinach
1 15-ounce can black eyed peas, drained and rinsed
1 cup frozen corn
1 15-ounce can diced tomatoes
1-1/2 tablespoons olive oil

What you do: 

1. Put olive oil in frying pan and add dry spices, onion, and garlic. Continue to stir until onions are soft and spices are fragrant.
2. Add black eyed peas and cook for about 5 minutes. Add spinach, tomatoes, and frozen corn and cook for another 10 minutes so that the flavors will blend and the frozen vegetables are hot. Enjoy!

Preparation Time: 
10 minutes, Cooking time: 15 minutes
Cooking Time: 
15 minutes
Servings: 

SO HOW'D IT GO?

This is delicious.  I did add some tamari to it as I felt it needed salt.  Now I have enough for lots of meals this week.  It is also good in wraps!!!

0 likes

Loved it! I made it minus the garlic as I don't eat garlic. I also found another great recipe with black-eyed peas and spinach which was delish as well.

0 likes

Absolutely excellent!  ;)b

0 likes

I used cabbage, hominy, a portobello and Rotel, but no nutmeg. Healthy and very quick!

0 likes

This recipe is amazing. I have used kale, corn, zucchini and diced tomato.  I even used some salsa to give it some kick.  Seriously, this is delicious and so easy!  :)>>>

0 likes

Made something similar-used snap beans and peas, kale, onion and garlic powder with i can of italian stewed tomatoes. Threw everything into crockpot on low, tastes delicious.  :D

0 likes

I made this recipe last night and it was very, very good!
I used hot sauce instead of cayenne pepper though. I also omitted the nutmeg and added some seasoned salt (similar to Adobo). It is a great combination of vegetables!

Also, it is good served over brown rice.

0 likes